Geofencing not working anymore

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
nsvencer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Until recently, Geofencing worked fine.  Now  geofencing is not working for one of my systems.  The Device has 3 enabled mobile devices, but when I go into the Enabled Mobile Devices only 2 are checked.  I think there is a phantom device that is keeping me from being able to enable geofencing at my house.  I have deleted that app, deleted the cache, deleted the storage, logged in and out and tried various other steps to no avail.  This is on a Google Pixel 9.  If I log in on my ipad, I see only 2 enabled mobile devices and 2 checked devices.  So it seems to be something on the installation of the app on my phone.  

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the app to go to Settings, Data Privacy, Account, Available Geofence Devices to see the various devices. You can delete any unneeded ones there. However, that may not work - I've deleted old devices many times and they're still there.

As for geofencing itself, the extra device shouldn't be a problem unless you selected Everyone Arrives or Leaves. Use the Specific People instead.

nsvencer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I didn't know about that menu and have deleted all of the old ones.  The numbers still don't match though in the enabled mobile devices vs. checked devices in the submenu.  

Geofencing still does not work and on my iPad the above device issue is still not there. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What devices are being used for GF? The iPad usually wouldn't be needed.

nsvencer
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Pixel 9 Pro Android 14 and my wife's Iphone 14.  The iPad is only for viewing videos sometimes and is not set to Geofence.  I did look at it as another device to see the state of the GF and the devices being used. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried using Specific People for Leave and Arrive?