Disable Change Mode Notification and Chime

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
zavvy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I recently added an Arlo home security system to accompany my cameras. I previously had automations setup to change my mode at night and in the morning. But now with the keypad, those same automations send me a notification AND chime at the keypad. This wakes me up in the most of the night. How can I disable these notifications? We should have total control over what notifications we get.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zavvy wrote:
How can I disable these notifications? We should have total control over what notifications we get.

I agree you should at least be able to silence those notifications.  Hopefully Arlo will add that (you aren't the first to complain).

All you can do for now is adjust the schedule so the modes change when you are awake.

zavvy
Aspirant
Aspirant
The annoying part is that the system didn’t behave this way before I added the security system. I was looking for something to replace Nest since Google is disabling those, but now I’m seriously considering returning the Arlo system while I still can.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @zavvy 

Thank you for the feedback regarding the notification tone when the Security Hub switches modes. I have provided this information to the appropriate team. 

Shayne 

Velowulf
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new version of the app should allow you to customise which notifications you get. For example, I would like to get motion notifications but don't really care to much about mode change