Can't log into account, not receiving emails can't get help

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
AngryCustomer19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've have been trying for a month to log into my account.  I had to create a new one just to post.  The email to reset my password never comes in. Yes I have checked the spelling, Yes I've clicked on forgot password.  No email and the chat is USELESS!  I have an account but since I can't login I can't talk with a live agent.   This is beyond the worst experience I've ever had, I can't even cancel my account because you have to log it to do that!  So you're stealing my money and not providing me with the services it's supposed to cover!

16 REPLIES 16
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to call attention to your post.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you forgotten the password or are you getting some other error when you attempt to log in? If you're not receiving a password reset email, this could indicate that you're not entering the correct email address...do you have a different email address that you could have used for the Arlo account login?

JamesC

AngryCustomer19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to log in at the beginning of June and then everytime I log in it says the email or password is incorrect. Then I do forget your password and nothing and there is nowhere to get help without signing in which I can't do.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Check your email spam filter to be sure the recovery email isn't being filtered. Otherwise, it sounds like you may be using the incorrect email address when attempting to log in. Do you use any other email addresses?

JamesC

AngryCustomer19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've checked EVERY folder in my email including spam. I haven't changed my email. It worked one day and then the next no access, no emails. it's been 2 months I've been charged for services I can't use!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AngryCustomer19,

Please send me a private message with the email address you would normally use to log in to your Arlo account.

Jamesc

Bonbax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't log into my account because I had my work email for my account and I no longer have access to it.  The virtual assistant is a POS and no help for this.

How do I change my existing email address while not having any access to it?

please help

Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bonbax,

Log in to your Arlo account account using the email and password you originally set up and then you can change the email associated with the account by following these instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/4118/How-do-I-change-my-Arlo-email-address

JamesC

Bonbax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still does not let me log in because it comes back to verify my email address and I have no access to that email address and it is not recognizing my phone (which I just got a new phone). 

So another words I can't log into my account because I have no way to verify.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bonbax,

Do you have an option to not trust the device when logging in?

JamesC

Bonbax
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I do not, I have a perfect storm.  I quit my job and took a new one, a new Iphone and have no access to do any type of verification.  

Bonbax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no help?  There has to be a way to change my existing email address even though I no longer have access to it.

please help, been without my system for months now and getting ready to go purchase a Ring system so I can move on.

thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bonbax,

Please reach out to me in a private message with an email address that you do have access to and I will open a support ticket detailing the concerns you've listed here.

JamesC

Bonbax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good afternoon, 

I am not sure why this is so difficult to do, all I need is to do change my existing email account to a different one because the existing email address is my ex-employer.  I have no access to it so I have no way to verify it when I try logging in.  Or if you can verify it so I can get into my account then I can change the email address and then life will be good. if it is easier to do this over the phone.

Please let me know

Thank you

Dean

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bonbax wrote:

Good afternoon, 

I am not sure why this is so difficult to do, all I need is to do change my existing email account to a different one because the existing email address is my ex-employer.  I have no access to it so I have no way to verify it when I try logging in.  Or if you can verify it so I can get into my account then I can change the email address and then life will be good.

Did you send the PM?  Just use the envelope icon in the upper right of the forum page.  @JamesC is asking for the email address you want to change to, it would be good to include your old employer-provided address as well.

Bonbax
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I just did that, thank you.