Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

Yes, I know others have posted on this subject:
We just purchased and received the new Arlo Security System Keypad. When we try adding the device with the app, it will not recognize our 2.4ghz network. It does see other 2.4 networks, just not ours. We've tried restarting the keypad, phones and router multiple times. we've tried different devices and followed supports suggestions several times and doubled checked everything. We have a Century Link C2100T Modem which is dual 2.4ghz, and 5.0ghz. We tried switching off the 5ghz and that did not work. The router is using WPA2.  It's odd that the App does not even pick up the network. We've had to use the option to manually enter the Network name and password, but to no avail...  Is it possible that the App does not recognize something. All of the Printers and other devices we are using on 2.4ghz are working fine and have no problems. We also tried switching off all other 2.4 devices with no success. Support only states that we should have more Upload bandwidth, but that does not explain why the Keypad Hub can not recognize the Network..... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

Issue Resolved!
We had an Arlo VMB5000 Smarthub Wired via Network cable to our Router. This Smarthub supports our Ultra2 camera's as well as an Indoor Camera.
The "Fix" was to power down the Smarthub, then the  Keypad Hub immediately recognized the router and we were able to get it connected and the sensors online.
After getting the  Security System Keypad Hub and sensors sorted out. We repowered the Smarthub and everything Synced up and works harmoniously. 
Whew! What a ride! Thanks for all the input. I was about to the end of my rope! 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Was the phone connected to wifi?

TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

Yes, per the app instructions, the device (phone) must be connected to the 2.4ghz network. We tried with both My phone and then my wife's with exactly the same results.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the router set to not broadcast the SSID (that would be a change you did, not a default setting)? DOes the app display a text entry box that would allow you to manually enter the SSID and password? I think you could try a computer browser set to my.arlo.com for this, too.

TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

Yes, the router is set to broadcast it's SSID. All of our other devices that use 2.4Ghz can see it and connect to it.
Yes, there is a text display box to enter the SSID and Password for the router. We tried this many time with no success.
tried using my laptop, on "my.arlo.com", but it will only allow "Setup with Mobile App".
It seems that the Mobile App will just not recognize my router.
We even tried Shutting down all other devices connected to the router and even shut the 5Ghz signal off to make sure that wasn't interfering.

We already had a previously installed VMB5000 SmartHub connected to the router via a network cable for our Ultra 2 cameras. Is there any way to connect the Keypad to or through the Smarthub? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The security hub only connects to your WiFi. Try a reset:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062967/How-do-I-factory-reset-the-Arlo-Keypad-Sensor-Hub

TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

I don't know why my previous message was truncated, but here's a repeat:

jguerdat,
Thanks, I was grasping at straws.
Unfortunately, we tried resetting several time, while I was talking to Support, but were unsuccessful.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TimandTresa wrote:

Unfortunately, we tried resetting several time, while I was talking to Support, but were unsuccessful.

If you have punctuation in the network name or password, try removing them.

TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

StephenB,
Thanks, but there is no punctuation in either Network name or Password. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Last gasp - try rebooting the router.

TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

Thanks jguerdat, Already tried that a couple times as well... ☹️

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings (top left icon), Support Center to continue your saga.

TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

Thanks jguerdat, I already have a support ticket open, but they've not been helpful to date. I was hoping to find help from someone who may have had a similar experience.
I've had a great experience with Arlo's cameras and can't complain which compelled me to purchase the new Security System.

TimandTresa
Guide
Guide

Issue Resolved!
We had an Arlo VMB5000 Smarthub Wired via Network cable to our Router. This Smarthub supports our Ultra2 camera's as well as an Indoor Camera.
The "Fix" was to power down the Smarthub, then the  Keypad Hub immediately recognized the router and we were able to get it connected and the sensors online.
After getting the  Security System Keypad Hub and sensors sorted out. We repowered the Smarthub and everything Synced up and works harmoniously. 
Whew! What a ride! Thanks for all the input. I was about to the end of my rope!