Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Home Security- Alarm only sounds once

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Krieger0311
Guide
Guide

I am having an issue with the security system- in Arm Home or Standby, I have tested several ways to accomplish what I want- which is to have a siren sound when a specific door is opened inside my house, at any time. I don't what the siren to turn off until I manually turn it off from the station, or the app.

The issue:
The alarm will sound when the door is opened the first time. However- I cannot manually turn off the siren at the station unless I unplug it. If I open the app, it does not say an alarm is sounding- until I close the app and re-open it. At this point I can deactivate the siren from the app.

My settings:

Krieger0311_0-1681226440340.png

If I open the door again, it does not sound. The station will chime and a notification pops up on my phone, indicating it knows the door opened, but no siren. This is the case if I set "activate siren" for the security hub, or "Sirens" under panic. It only sounds the first time, and never again.

The only way to get it to sound the alarm again is to reboot the security hub. How can I get the siren to sound every time the door is opened?

Finally- how many sensors can the hub support? I need more but can't find a max supported number. It also looks like Arlo does not sell them individually? Is there anywhere else I can get them?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Krieger0311,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've escalated the details of your post and the development team has confirmed that the behavior you're experiencing is not expected. We will be addressing both concerns (turning off the individual siren and the siren only playing once) in the next firmware release.

With the Arlo Keypad Sensor hub, up to 64 compatible devices (All-in-One Sensors, Pro 5S 2K with SecureLink) can be connected. You can purchase additional All-in-One sensors from your local retailer such as Best Buy or from the Arlo webstore here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories.homesecuritysystem

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix was released that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you still experience this behavior.

JamesC