Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

remote user talking thru my camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey Arlo community, I have two types of cameras, the base with the pro2, and one Arlo go. I am living alone with a recent surgery and I want my family to be able to check in on me so I brought a camera into the house. The family who I shared it with has an older original Arlo system in her house, nd my camera and recordings showed up in her portal which I guess is expected.

She’s able to see and hear me but she’s not able to click on the microphone and speak out to me from the camera control on the app. Anybody have any ideas why and how that can be resolved? When she tries to turn on the microphone for my cameras in live view, it just says “connecting” for a very long time and never connects to the sound. Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First check and make sure the admin privileges are granted correctly.

Then you may have to try a browser ( or diff one ) if using an app... at my.arlo.com.

some phones just don't work 100% due to sw changes, for a while apple was an issue.

Fire Fox as a browser seems to work best.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
zubiedoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

@TomMac Than you for the admin suggestion, that still didn’t fix the problem. She should be able to control everything that I can control from here correct? She has an older system and I don’t know if a person has their own plus has been given admin and another (mine) does that person still get full rights to mine? She can see the video real time but she can’t speak out through the mic. It just keeps saying “connecting“

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation