Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Weird Facebook issue with Arlo portal

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I know this sounds crazy, but there appears to be some kind of issue between Facebook and the Arlo Go portal. In the last couple of weeks, every time I visit the Arlo portal and tinker with settings, then go to Facebook, I get blocked from using groups. The message says that I was "posting too fast." I reported this to Facebook each time, but they do nothing except send me a form response. I have to wait the 24-48 hours until the block is lifted.

After I began to notice the correlation between visiting the Arlo portal and getting blocked on Facebook, I deliberately stayed away from Arlo for a few days--and everything was fine. Then as soon as I went to change a setting on the camera, I was blocked again on Facebook. This has happened on both Chrome and Edge now.

What could possibly be happening here? It's hopeless trying to get any help from Facebook. Is there anyone on the Netgear team who could figure this out?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DevonTT,

I've not been able to replicate any issues with Facebook after using the Arlo Mobile app...

What mobile device are you using? You might also delete both apps, download fresh versions and then try again to see if you still have the issue.

JamesC

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

This not happening with a mobile app but rather Chrome on a Windows 10 desktop computer. I did uninstall Chrome and reinstalled it fresh but the issue persists.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Huh. I use W10, Chrome and FB with no problems. Try flushing the browser cache.

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, did that. Then reinstalled Chrome. Still an issue.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation