Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VML4030 EBAY refurbished will not connect to Arlo Cloud Server with Verizon SIM

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
titan777
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought 2 Arlo Go refurbished on EBAY, and along with one I got from a neighbor, I established 3 data lines for them with Verizon.  I have been trying to get them connected to my paid Arlo Secure account for almost a week, and have spent countless hours with no success.

I have confirmed with Verizon that the lines are active and have seen some small amounts of data usage on my account.  I have been chatting, emailing and speaking with Arlo Tech Support agents in India and they are essentially worthless.  They keep sending me around in circles, having me do the same tasks in the User Manual or KB over and over.  The most recent discussion concluded with her stating my cameras are defective, which I don't think is the case, as one of them was just successfully used by my neighbor.

I have factory reset them, tried connecting with the QR codes on the phone and my PC, and all I get is the blinking purple/blue light for a minute or so, which then turns to fast blinking amber, and Arlo Secure stating it can't find the device.  Apparently it is connecting to the mobile network, which should have a strong signal given there are nearby Verizon antennae, but it can't connect to the Arlo cloud server.  Could the SIM cards not be correct for the cameras or do I need to disable the SIM PIN's?  I have not received any SIM errors.  I am at a loss for what I can do, and getting quite frustrated, especially after forking out all this money.

Please, I welcome any suggestions or tips to resolve.

2 REPLIES 2
GigiY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had  five Arlo Go Cameras since 2017.  Suddenly only one is connected.  I finally reset the cameras and now cannot reconnect.  I also have Verizon.  Arlo told me I needed a new APN.  I have worked with Verizon for months trying to get a new APN.  They have no idea.  Can you tell me your APN.  Mine is showing VZWINTERNET.  I really think it is Arlo and not Verizon. 

titan777
Initiate
Initiate

I think I used vzwinternet -- I believe that is what showed up when I did have one camera connected to the Arlo cloud (but wouldn't stay connected and also would not restart) and I looked at the APN settings on the Arlo app.  I input that for the other two manually when I could not even get them connected to the Arlo cloud at all, but it did not help.

I have given up on those cameras and returned them and closed my Verizon accounts and will not buy anything Arlo again.  Terrible company: the cameras are poorly designed, unreliable and tech support worthless.  Verizon may or may not be the problem but their tech support is also worthless.

Arlo tech support people have no idea how these cameras work and follow cheat sheets or "Google" when you ask them questions on the phone.  Otherwise they have some flowchart they follow that keeps you in a loop following routine procedures and blaming the mobile provider or poor signal.  Finally they may just tell you that the cameras are defective, which they did in my case after dozens of hours working on it.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation