Solar panel & battery is draining too fast

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NoTime
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help both of my Arlo Go cameras say that I am not connected to a computable solar charger. I am connected to a compatible Arlo solar pane and they have been working fine. Batteries are draining fast.....Anyone having this problem?  

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define compatible - an Arlo-branded panel or 3rd party?

NoTime
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo purchased Solar panels for Arlo Go.  Was working fine for months and now it says it is incompatible and will not charge. Software update? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Possible but not likely. The older solar panels have cable connections on both ends. Remove the cable and check all connectors for signs of moisture and corrosion. Check the cable covering where the wiring goes into the connector shell for cracks, etc. I have a new panel (for Ultra, etc.) that has an issue with the latter which gives me that message when it's been moist out, even though the camera and connection is in a protected location.

NoTime
Aspirant
Aspirant

Fixed itself. Haven't gone near the cameras as they are far away. Yesterday the solar panel was back to charging.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's similar to my issue. Was the weather damp (dew, rain, damp and dreary)? Next time you're there, check those connections and cable coverings for cracks, improper insertion or anything else that may allow moisture to invade.

When the weather changes, the moisture goes away, allowing the panel to work properly.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation