Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording to SD Card

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Undawadda
Initiate
Initiate
I am accessing my ArloGo Via my phone and have initiated recording to SD card by pushing the record button.

It appears that recording to the SD card is stopping as soon as I leave or navigate away from the Arlo viewing screen to other functions on my phone.
I want to be able to push the record button once and record for several hours and still be able to login and check live footage on the fly.
Any suggestions?
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you start a manual record ( just like a live view ) when you exit the live view screen the cameras have always stopped

( in case it was forgotten on )...  Not much you can do, as it's written in the sw.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Undawadda
Initiate
Initiate
I have to confess, but thats a real let down, and a flaw in the SW in my opinion. Especially when an SD card can be re-written if it was accidently left on.
It has already happened to me several times where neighbors see that I have what appeara to be security cameras and have asked me to access footage but I have been unable to offer any security footage because I can never record for long periods of time because soon as I leave the "LIVE" screen the recording stops. What a bummer!!!
Whats the point of even having the option to store to SD card via phone navigation when you cant record for extended periods of time.
A real flaw....
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation