Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Question about Arlo Go?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
oganifrun
Follower
Follower

So I just got the Arlo Go 4G security camera. However, one thing I'm confused about is what kind of cloud storage it includes. It says 7 days of cloud storage is free. I'm assuming they're not talking about a 7 day free trial. So is the 7 days the total length? Like if I delete all my cloud storage or move it to an SD card, but I've used a total of 7 days since I've activated my camera, I have to pay? Or does that mean that I can have up to 7 days of cloud storage and if I delete all my footage, it resets my cloud storage?

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

What is the model number of the camera?

The 7days free arlo cloud storage service for legacy cameras is a rolling 7 day period of recordings you can access, any recordings older than 7days are automatically deleted.

Arlo stopped providing this free cloud service to it’s camera models after the pro2 camera back in 2018.

All newer model cameras require a paid subscription to access arlo cloud storage.

Beware that if you use a sim the cellular data costs are not included.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@oganifrun wrote:

So I just got the Arlo Go 4G security camera. 

The answer depends on whether you have the Arlo Go, or whether you actually have the Arlo Go 2.  If you just got a new camera, then it is more likely to be the Go 2 (though I guess it could possibly be old inventory). 

Arlo stopped offering free 7-day cloud storage on new camera models in 2018.  The original Go was launched in 2017, and I think it is the last model to have that feature.  The 7 days refers to retention, so it means that recordings are saved for 7 days in the Arlo cloud and then are deleted. This is not a trial feature for that camera, so you'd have 7 day retention of storage with no expiration (and with no Arlo subscription, though you would of course need a mobile data plan).  

The newer Go 2 was launched in 2022, and it requires a subscription to get any cloud storage.  So after the trial subscription ends, you'd need to get a paid one.

If you open the camera housing and remove the battery, then you'll see a label inside that identifies the model.  If you see a VMLxxxx label, the Go 2 is the VML2030, the original Go is the VML4030.  

If you go into the support center of the app and select the camera, you can also find the model by scrolling down to the product id field.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation