Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need help with AT&T sim card, simply cannot find device. Tried pulling the battery, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GateCircleRanch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought an arlo go from a family member. This person had the AT&T service setup and running just fine. It was live when I turned it on and tested it out.

To create my own account, I had to go to the AT&T store to buy a sim card under my name. I did so, 2GB @ $38 for 3 months. Great.

Take the device home and it simply will NOT be "discovered" at the final step of the setup process within the app (iOS, everything current). Tried doing so with power plugged in, battery pull, etc. No success. It worked 4 hours earlier so the sim card is the only thing that changed. 

AT&T assures me that the sim card is live on their end. 

I've read every comment/thread and blog I can find. Not sure where to turn for help. This is an AT&T model (not the netgear issue others have encountered from what I've read). 

Is it possible the Go only accepts certain types of SIM cards? Possible it was set up incorrectly for the GO by AT&T? 

Thanks so much in advance for anyone who can be of service!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did the original owner remove the camera from his account? You can't set it up if he still has it active.

GateCircleRanch
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there,

You mean from his Alro account? Or from his AT&T account?

Thanks for helping!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo account.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation