Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode button not showing in Android app

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JBarrow
Aspirant
Aspirant

First it would not let you arm the camera in mode, constantly locked on getting status.  Removed devices, reconnected device, re-installed app, re-started phone.  Now the mode tab does not exist in app, no way to arm camera.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe you now have the new interface? Do you see Routines instead of Modes?

JBarrow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just two buttons at the bottom, devices and library.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHich app, phone and OS version?

JBarrow
Aspirant
Aspirant

SM-N960U

Android Version 10

Arlo Secure Version 4.0.2.1_28506

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different mobile device as well as the web client (my.arlo.com). I almost think a reset of the tablet may be needed.

JBarrow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that on multiple android phones, tablets. Apple phone and iPad, and laptop computer all same result.  Some devices give you the ability to select mode but spins and never does anything to arm the device.  Others do not even show a mode button that is accessible.  Have had these devices for a long time with no issues, until the last app update and now it no longer works.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Very odd. I'd suggest temporarily buying a single camera subscription so you can contact support to see what they have to say. Cancel the sub when done.

NoSpin
Aspirant
Aspirant

This same problem just started with me.  I have to log out and sign back in to see the MODE button.  As soon as I exit out, the MODE button disappears and I have to sign in again.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? Does this occur on the web browser as well? 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation