Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to get Replacement Cable for Arlo Go Solar Panel

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

How can I get a replacement cable for the Arlo Go solar panel? A dog chewed through mine.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can try contacting support here to see if they would send you one gratis - separate cables aren't available for sale.

MFinMO
Tutor
Tutor

If you come up with a new cable please post it on here where you found it.  I was told by support that the weatherproof cable that connects my Arlo Go to my Solar panel isn't replaceable.  They said I had to either send in the panel to see if it's covered under warranty or buy a completely new solar panel kit.

NinjaMike
Initiate
Initiate

Have there been any developments in Arlo selling replacement cables for the solar panel? It doesn't sound right that consumers would have to purchase an entirely new solar panel for a replacement cable.

I've only located a couple of other forums about this topic and the only solution seems to be to purchase aftermarket cables. One customer stated that he purchased item CC0508 by Cable Creation from Amazon, and it charged his camera. This would probably work with item DRPARLOBKCABLE by Wasserstein.

I was wondering if I could just purchase a micro USB to micro USB cable instead of buying the adaptor and cable. Something like item CC0797 by Cable Creation, but it may have to be outdoor.

DevonTT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I don't know why Netgear hasn't figured out that certain parts for their camera and solar panel can and will get destroyed in the field, and there needs to be an easy way for users to replace them. To get a new cable for the solar panel, contact Netgear tech support and put in a ticket. They were out of stock for a long while, but I finally got mine in the mail a few weeks ago. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation