Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Good 3G/4G signal but image quality changes during the day?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RVCAM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm using my Arlo Go camera in a location where the 3g/4g signal it's quite good. One thing I don't understand, its why the image quality changes during the day?

Sometimes the image looks acceptable, other times it shows with giant pixels. I suspect it could be related with the 4g signal small variations. Could it be?  These image quality decrease is visible in the cloud stored videos too.

Would it help the quality if i insert a sd card?  Would this work as a temporary storage and avoid lower quality video upload to the cloud?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The SD card won't change anything since it just records what's sent to the cloud. It does sound like signal strength/quality could be the issue. Try reducing the recording quality to Optimized or Best Battery life to test.

RVCAM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, but that goes against my objective.

My main goal is to have the best video quality possible, and that the quality is stable.

The camera is always connected to the electricity, so i don't see any issue with using "best video quality" option.

I'm trying to understand why the video quality changes so dramatically, even during the same video clip.

Thank you

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I was suggesting a test to see what happens. Once the issue is understood, maybe a plan to fix it can be developed.

RVCAM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Which test?

I have many many examples.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Try reducing the recording quality to Optimized or Best Battery life to test.

This test.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation