Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Go camera defective, Basic Plan used up??

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

My new Go camera is defective, I've been on the phone with tech support and they walked me through numerious steps, but nothing worked.   They are replacing the camera.

BUT, there's another problem - when I connected the camera and chose (or should I say, thought I chose an upgrade) from the Basic Plan.  I used a Discover Card and received a Confirmation on the upgrade (this was on Nov. 21st. by Nov. 23rd my Arlo Account was still showing Basic Plan and by Sunday all the "time" on the Basic Plan had been used up.

So, now when I receive the replacement camera - how do I go about connecting it and selecting a upgraded plan, as my Basic Plan is now used up I will not have it to start with?

2 REPLIES 2
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

P.S.: I found out from Arlo Customer Service that there system is curently not working for the Discover card, but that I would get a confirmation anyway - So, I let them know this was a big problem - you get a confirmation on an upgraded plan, BUT, the service will not upgrade from Basic due to the Discover problem on there end.  Result - left with no service plan and a great deal of time with Customer Service to find out the problem.   They dont use the email address they are provided with to notfy the customer of the problem BEFORE the Basic Plan runs out.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @sahnyc,

Sorry to hear you were upset with the problems you are having with your Arlo Go and with the experience you received from our support team. I have sent you a PM to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation