Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Flash Player and Arlo Go Video at the Cloud?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mike20ga
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently came across this post saying:

https://www.blog.google/products/chrome/saying-goodbye-flash-chrome/

Adobe Flash player will cease to exist in 2020, which, is right around the corner.

Unfortunately, every single time I log into my Arlo account on the computer, using chrome, I have to first login, then, re-install flash player, then, log in again to see the video.

How do I get around using Flash Player on Chrome to view Arlo cloud video capture from my Arlo Go.  

Why does Arlo continue to force support of Flash Player?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mike20ga wrote:

Adobe Flash player will cease to exist in 2020, which, is right around the corner.

It says the end of 2020, which is more than a year away.  

@mike20ga wrote:

Unfortunately, every single time I log into my Arlo account on the computer, using chrome, I have to first login, then, re-install flash player, then, log in again to see the video.

Not if you are using Chrome.  It doesn't use the plug-in from adobe, it has flash support built in.  What you need to do is click on the padlock next to the address bar after you log in, and then set flash to "Allow".  

That is moderately sticky for me - I don't have to do this every single time I log in.  But I do need to do it fairly regularly.

Certainly this is a pain, and I think everyone here would like to see Arlo move away from flash sooner rather than later.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mike20ga wrote:

It says the end of 2020, which is more than a year away.  

@mike20ga wrote:

Not if you are using Chrome.  It doesn't use the plug-in from adobe, it has flash support built in.  What you need to do is click on the padlock next to the address bar after you log in, and then set flash to "Allow".  

That is moderately sticky for me - I don't have to do this every single time I log in.  But I do need to do it fairly regularly.

Certainly this is a pain, and I think everyone here would like to see Arlo move away from flash sooner rather than later.  

mike20ga
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your time in reply.

This worked perfect!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation