Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

First-time signup issues - free trial then no free trial (feels like bait and switch)

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
zinfotech
Follower
Follower

I purchased nine Arlo Go devices from Verizon. I entered the first six into the app before it told me I had to subscribe. So I created a subscription and it was giving me a 30-day trial for five cameras and then a charge of $1.49 (50% off normal price) for the sixth. So far so good. I then entered the last three cameras.

When I tried to add them to the subscription, however, it just kept putting me through a loop. I'd click to add a camera and on the next page the web site would only allow me to choose from five cameras. Not good. So I called to get some help.

I spent 40 minutes in a phone conversation with a CSR that was asking me to go to some other site to manage my subscription. He didn't know which site I should go to, but tells me since I purchased the cameras from Verizon I need to go somewhere else. He kept telling me that my cameras weren't in the system, when in fact they all pulled up in the app on the iPhone as well as on the web site. They just showed as inactive.

After 30 minutes of having me click different things on the web site and not being able to activate the remaining three phones, I asked him if I should cancel the plan and re-add it. And then I did so.

Hey, guess what? I was now able to select all nine cameras.

But instead of a 30-day trial for the first five cameras, I now have to pay the $9.99 base price. So I asked the CSR if there were a way to get the 30-day trial again. He then proceeds to describe that there is no 3-month trial for the Arlo Go. (I didn't ask for a 3-month trial, just the 30-day that was previously offered 35 minutes prior to now.)

After a while, he speaks with someone else and comes back on the line to state that there is no 30-day trial. Really? Arlo.com offered me a 30-day trial for the first five cameras. I can prove it since the cancellation email from the prior subscription refunded me $1.49 for that single camera, and not $11.48 that would have had the other five cameras included.

Rather than spin my wheels, I went ahead with the nine-camera subscription, but had to pay $15.95 to start it as of today.

Is there still any way to get the 30-day trial for the first five cameras? Or get a refund of the $9.99. I know that I'm on the hook for cameras six through nine and that is fine. In dealing with the CSR, the whole issue felt like a bait-and-switch scheme.

0 REPLIES 0
Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation