Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False triggers from blades of grass or leaves blowing in a breeze

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

First, I appologize that I am unable to select "VML4030 in the line above for my Arlo Go, running through AT&T. The drop-down selection does NOT even show this model for selection so I had to enter a bogus model in order to make a discussion.

My Arlo Go, unlike my original Arlo cameras purchased in 2015, is triggering and sending alerts from blades of grass or leaves blowing in a breeze, or the ghillie camo cover strings I suspect. We have no other activity (animals, people) that have caused a trigger and as a result, these false triggers are eating up my data plan.

This is very disappointing (as is the lack of support that we had back in 2015, not that my original Arlo cameras had problems.)

The solar panel works well, but there is no way to "camo" it like we can with skins and the ghillie suit, thus the solar panel attracts attention.

I'm disappointed in my $500 cash outlay for the Arlo Go. It seems it is not suited for exterior placement like the original Arlo cameras that served so well in all sorts of nasty weather, from freezing temps, sleet, snow... to the wicked heat we have here in Central Texas where I've used the old cameras throught a wireless broadband on a ranch in the middle of nowhere.

Netgear has taken the word "support" and given it a whole new meaning. There is no support from Netgear in regard to their products now.

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

N22Tango,

You might try reducing the detection sensitivity for your Arlo Go camera. This should help eliminate the false triggers.

How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

N22Tango
Tutor
Tutor

@ JamesC:

I'll try this as soon as I can make a few additional adjustments and reclocate the Arlo Go to a location having fewer trees. It is on a ranch 45 miles from here, keeping an eye on the place, but I've turned it off because I have no more time left on the current plan. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation