Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Date/time stamp not correct when converted

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Indy_57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have checked other board and websites for the answer and the only answer I received was to use https://www.epochconverter.com  to convert the ARLO video code to a date code. The problem is that the date code is not anywhere close to when the video was recorded.

One was recorded just yesterday September 18th, 2019 and the converter told me my vide was recorded May 16th, 1676.  

Something is off here. The date code needs to be fixed especially when you would like to use any of the footage in a US court.

In the meantime doe any of you have a code converter that will convert the ARLO code to the date code correctly?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just downloaded a file and converted at epochconverter.com with no problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I just downloaded a file and converted at epochconverter.com with no problem.

Well, epochconverter is getting this information from metadata in the file (there's no other place it can be coming from).  Specific camera models and bases might behave differently (e.g., might not fill that data in the same way or at all).

So it would be helpful to clarify what camera and base is giving incorrect information.  Also it would be good to test again with a recording.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just used the filename, not metadata. I don't see a way to use metadata to get the name on that site. Am I missing something?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I just used the filename, not metadata. I don't see a way to use metadata to get the name on that site. Am I missing something?

No, it's my bad.  I took a quick look, but somehow misunderstood what the site was doing.  It works because the Arlo file name is just the linux timestamp of the recording time.

The original poster probably just entered the wrong number.

Indy_57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used the file name and copied and pasted them into the website for translation. I even checked to make sure all the numbers are there and correct. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried again with different videos? I wonder if it's the specific app that causes the problem - what OS, device and app version? Have you tried using a web browser to do the same thing?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Indy_57 wrote:

I used the file name and copied and pasted them into the website for translation. I even checked to make sure all the numbers are there and correct. 

What is the file name?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation