Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I keep Arlo Go rechargeable batteries in the camera all the time?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
cabinfevever
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could I keep the rechargeable Arlo batteries IN, when the camera is plugged in?  In our cold winter climate the batteries do not last long and therefore I need to plug the camera in. But for occasional power cuts it would be good to have a fully charged battery in the camera. Nowhere have I seen guidance on whether the batteries can be left in the camera even when it is plugged in. Thanks for educating a possibly complete idiot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, and I recommend it so the camera will keep working during any outages. The camera will protect the battery during cold snaps (li-ion batteries shouldn't be charged in freezing weather although having it plugged in may generate enough heat internally to keep charging at lower temps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, and I recommend it so the camera will keep working during any outages. The camera will protect the battery during cold snaps (li-ion batteries shouldn't be charged in freezing weather although having it plugged in may generate enough heat internally to keep charging at lower temps.

cabinfevever
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot jguerdat. Appreciate your reply a lot!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation