Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera won't connect - VML4030

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Criscris73
Tutor
Tutor

Hi - I bought a second hand arlo GO and don't seem to be able to connect it.

I went through the set up process up to the "looking for arlo camera" point (hence first two steps - including the QR code shot - worked well). Then I get to "no Arlo devices found" message. I see "try again" and "Change APN settings" options and not sure what to do. I tried multiple Sim cards to no avail. Can anyone help please? Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible the previous owner didn't remove the camera from his account. Can you get him to verify he has done so? Also, try a reset of the camera:

https://kb.arlo.com/1202749/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Go-camera-to-factory-default-settings

Criscris73
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks! I tried the reset to no avail so I guess it's just due to the seller not having released it from their account. Unfortunately it looks like the seller disappeared...does it mean I'm left with a brick? Thanks!

Cristian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a subscription for any camera, you can talk to support via Settings, Support to see if they can release it for you. Otherwise, perhaps @JamesC or @ShayneS can start communications.

Criscris73
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @jguerdat! I followed your advice. Arlo support confirmed that my camera is not linked to any account.

I tried to connect it again and again to no avail. Tried three different sim cards (unlocked) with the same result: "no Arlo device found".

I'm running out of options, what would you do? Would either @JamesC or @ShayneS be able to help? 

Thanks

Cristian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you ask support about the issue? That would be my choice but perhaps the mods will jump in if there's anything to add. Of course, it could just be a faulty camera.

Jorgesilva1987
Aspirant
Aspirant
Olá boa tarde
Estou com o mesmo problema em duas câmeras que não consigo conectar. um deles e novo o outro é usado.
no nível do cartão sim está operacional que já testei com outros cartões

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation