Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bought extra battery, nothing to charge it with?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
abgalassi
Guide
Guide

So I bought an extra battery, VMA4400. The description and photo make it sound like you are buying a battery and a means to charge it. I've received it, and it doesn't appear to be that way at all. It looks like you have to buy yet ANOTHER item for $59.99?! Then what is the cable and USB/wall plug for that comes with it? Every camera already comes with that, so if it isn't a method to charge the battery I just bought, why is it included? I am very confused.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes it is confusing...and this has been mentioned before.

The VMA4400 is a battery and adapter/cable charger BUT there is not direct way to charge the battery unless in the camera.

I think this was their original thought that people would have more than one Pro unit so the supplied the extra charge setup for down the road when another battery would be needed.

The VMA4400C is the charge TUBE with and adapter/charger. The TUBE does have a usb charge port and holds two batteries which get charged when inserted.

IMO, the tube should have come with a battery for a quick swap of packs...

So the end result is to either return it or buy a charge Tube ...yes , not a good choice..

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes it is confusing...and this has been mentioned before.

The VMA4400 is a battery and adapter/cable charger BUT there is not direct way to charge the battery unless in the camera.

I think this was their original thought that people would have more than one Pro unit so the supplied the extra charge setup for down the road when another battery would be needed.

The VMA4400C is the charge TUBE with and adapter/charger. The TUBE does have a usb charge port and holds two batteries which get charged when inserted.

IMO, the tube should have come with a battery for a quick swap of packs...

So the end result is to either return it or buy a charge Tube ...yes , not a good choice..

Morse is faster than texting!
abgalassi
Guide
Guide

Thank you - thought I was really missing something there!

Only have 1 camera going so far, but absolutely LOVE it! My back door and garage door are both hidden and there is a walkway between the two. I can walk briskly through and the camera still catches me and I have a notification on my phone before I'm two steps out of the picture. Tested at both doors and clear picture - would catch anything going on!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation