Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery going flat but software defect? Have to remove battery to be reset?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Georgey48
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo Go cameras and neither has ever been very reliable. I originally assumed that a lot of the behaviour was cause by the battery going flat but I have realised (since they have both been at home plugged in) that there is a software defect meaning that they frequently have to have their battery removed to be reset. This is obviously inconvenient for me because I want to use them in a remote location. The "Technical" support aren't at all technical and so the only advice they can ever give it to turn it off and turn it on again.

Net result is that I have £600 worth of cameras that don't stay connected for more than 48 hours before they need to be taken down and have their batteries removed and re-inserted ! These cameras are at the very top of the price scale but the very bottom of the performance and reliability scale. There is no way I'd ever buy another Arlo or Netgear product as they're just not reliable and there is no support ! I'd like to complain >OFFICIALLY<

11 REPLIES 11
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Georgey48,

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Georgey48
Aspirant
Aspirant
Once again, nothing has happened as a result of this communication and so I still would like a means to make an official complaint!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've escalated your case again to the team. Please let me know again if you don't hear back from the support team after 2 business days.

Doglog22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow! There is life at Arlo? Hopefully whatever the solution/answer is will be shared here. I have the same problems. After 5 years of having various Arlo cameras at the same time, I can tell you it's a love/hate deal. Always something! 

Georgey48
Aspirant
Aspirant

So Jessica, What do you propose ? Again, there is no real activity or resolution to my problem. They are "talking about it" or "discussing it". I believe they are trying to solve this from inside their call centre which clearly isn't going to be possible. It was obvious to me very early on that there was no "technical" competence in the "technical support" department as they didn't understand what dB meant, much less what a good or bad value of dBm for the receiver. If you're just re-selling Chinese designed devices and don't really know anything about them then just give me my money back and I'll get something else.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I've escalated your case again and to have them contact you again after they finish reviewing your case.

Georgey48
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica,

When you say you've escalated it, what does that actually mean ? It has already been "escalated" several times and still there hasn't been any progress. Carlos tells me that every time he has to reply to the ticket, the ticket gets "de-escalated" but this, to me sounds like a tactic to stop me asking what, if anything is happening. Like this poor service is actually intentional ?

How long are you going to keep "escalating" for ? Let's put a limit on how much time is reasonable to conclude an investigation. What will be the next step ? Or do you plan to keep replying that you are "escalating" until I lose interest ?

Georgey48
Aspirant
Aspirant

My two Arlo Go cameras are completely useless and will not stay connected for more than 24 hours. They never worked properly out of the box but they have got worse as the software has been updated. The technical support have only one solution to any problem and that is to turn it off and then on again. In this case of course I have to go and uninstall and remove the battery for a time and then re-insert every other day to keep them running. The moderators constantly say they are "escalating" this but nothing has ever happened as a result ! I wouldn't advise anyone to waste £300+ each on these cameras. Unfortunately if you already have, it ls too late for you as you won't get any sort of support !

Georgey48
Aspirant
Aspirant

My first post on this subject was in November 2019, it is now April 2021 ! That's quite a long time to be still not making any progress whatsoever on a failure mode that must affect every person who has ever purchased one of these poor quality devices. What is the point in this pretending that something is being done ?

Georgey48
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do your cameras work doglog or do you have the same problem ? Are they Arlo Go or other Arlo cameras ?

Georgey48
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, still there has been no progress and no noticeable effort made to investigate this ? What do you propose ? Are you going to escalate this again ? Will someone eventually investigate it ? Or will you keep just selling these sub-standard devices without any support and warrantee ?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation