Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto-rearm feature needed

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FRPaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here’s my setup : I live above my garage so I can’t use geofencing to disable my Arlo Go when I go get my car.

Therefore, I enable and disable it manually. Why isnt there an auto-rearm feature that kicks in after a user-defined timeout period ? Quite often, the cam stays disabled for hours because I disabled it before opening my garage and forgot to turn it back on.

Either auto-rearm, or a button on the camera status screen that would disable for 5 minutes with a single tap.

Auto-rearm exists on most if not all security systems. Heck, even your computer asks for a password to get past the screensaver after a period the user can choose.

Come on, Arlo. 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FRPaul wrote:

Why isnt there an auto-rearm feature that kicks in after a user-defined timeout period ?

You aren't the first to ask for this feature, but I am tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) anyway so they can forward to the the developers.

You can mute notifications for a period (not user defined though - the shortest period is 30 minutes).  The camera will still record.  That would probably work if there was a shorter interval (5 minutes perhaps). 

FRPaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. But muting the notifications doesn’t stop the camera from consuming data on the sim and potentially exhausting the allowance (therefore rendering itself unusable for the rest of the month).

This feature is absolutely vital. Just yesterday, my camera stayed disabled for hours, again. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FRPaul wrote:

But muting the notifications doesn’t stop the camera from consuming data on the sim and potentially exhausting the allowance (therefore rendering itself unusable for the rest of the month).

Agreed.

This is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.  All I can do on this is tag the mods (which I already did), so they can pass on the feature request.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation