Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo go wont scan QR code

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sochj-nst
Aspirant
Aspirant

My newly purchased Arlo Go will not scan the QR code on my phone’s screen in the app setup. I’ve tried on my own Iphone 6s, my colleague’s Samung Galaxy Xcover 4 and my computer screen without success. I then thought that it might be the sim card, so I went to activate it online but it turned out it already was activated. I read through several guides and to find a solution without any answer to my problem, except the reset to factory setting. Having had no success with scanning QR codes with the camera, I skeptically tried using the QR code online to reset it to factory, and suddenly it scanned the code! I thought then my luck was turned, but no. The camera still wouldn’t scan a QR code even if its life depended on it (which, at this time, it does)!

What can I do to make it scan the QR code? I’ve tried several screens and I’ve even printed the code out on plain old paper, also without success. I’ve followed the installation guides, both the one that came with the camera and the one I the app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sochj-nst
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its solved. I called the tech support and they told me to turn off the pin-code on the simcard and that fixed it. The camera is now working perfectly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @sochj-nst,

Have you tried following the instructions here to set up your Arlo Go camera? And what mobile provider are you using for your SIM card?

sochj-nst
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its solved. I called the tech support and they told me to turn off the pin-code on the simcard and that fixed it. The camera is now working perfectly. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation