Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo go will not activate with smart cloud subscription which makes the camera useless.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
dmyatt
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Go will not activate on the arlo smart cloud which makes the camera useless.  Tech support asked me to cancel my plan and re purchase.  I did this and still not working.  I've researched this issue and found that it has been this way since November of 2018.  Why no resolution?  Very Bad customer service and Arlo refuses to give refund!  I basically wasted $350 not to mention the $20/month through Verizon for the plan.  I would return to Verizon but purchased 3 months prior and just now getting around to installing and using it.   Very disappointed and considering contacting BBB and consumer services

11 REPLIES 11
dmyatt
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Go will not activate on the arlo smart cloud which makes the camera useless.  Tech support asked me to cancel my plan and re purchase.  I did this and still not working.  I've researched this issue and found that it has been this way since November of 2018.  Why no resolution?  Very Bad customer service and Arlo refuses to give refund!  I basically wasted $350 not to mention the $20/month through Verizon for the plan.  I would return to Verizon but purchased 3 months prior and just now getting around to installing and using it.   Very disappointed and considering contacting BBB and consumer services

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @dmyatt,

We're sorry to hear the experience that you had with your Arlo Go. Could you check on your subscription page on your Arlo app on your phone or on the web client on your computer to see if you are subscribed to Arlo Smart?

dmyatt
Tutor
Tutor

I've purchased 3 or 4 times in an attempt to get it to work.  I had cancelled it because it is doing my absolutely no good.  I've re purchased hoping that you can fix it.  I'll be cancelling again in 48 hours if it's not working.  I've already wasted enough money (250 for the device and $20/mo for service of which I'm getting absolutely nothing).

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried checking on both the Arlo app on your phone device and the web client on your computer to see if you're able to activate the Arlo Smart for your Arlo Go camera?

GerardS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has there been a resolution to this? I'm in the same situation.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey GerardS,

Have you tried the following post above with checking on the Arlo app on your phone device and the web client on your computer?

GerardS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica, yes I've tried all the different ways people have suggested .
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather information from you.

zephyrmoon
Tutor
Tutor

Any update on this issue, having the same for me. Created a new account today and bought a subscripyion for a year for my Arlo Go. Not able to get it to work either via web or via app on iOS.

//Fredrik

GerardS
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately nothing. They kindly started a ticket for me , said they would call, i followed up a couple of times and decided to just cancel my subscription due to no response. If they can't deliver the intelligence to Arlo Go, I plan on moving to the reolink go camera. Im slowly transitioning because of the lack of support.
zephyrmoon
Tutor
Tutor

OK, fingers crossed.

Plan to order the reolink tomorrow if they dont fix this asap. 

Was using over one hour to get my account changed from UK to Norway today....seems like they dont have their system in order.

//Fredrik

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation