Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
123dvt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since Arlo Go 2 has come out, will I still be able use my original Arlo Go cameras or will they be phased out by Verizon? Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't see the carrier as somehow phasing them out - money is still money. There's no reason to expect the older cameras won't work for years to come.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

I don't see the carrier as somehow phasing them out - money is still money. There's no reason to expect the older cameras won't work for years to come.

Generally I agree, but 3G is being dropped by carriers in the US (as part of building out 5G spectrum).  Many folks using 3G/4G phones have been put on notice that they need to upgrade.  That might affect the Go - it depends on exactly what 3G services it uses.

Socrates99
Apprentice
Apprentice
As I keep having issue with my arlo go cameras going offline I thought maybe it’s the phasing out of 3g with att but the app clearly shows it using LTE so Im still puzzled as to it basically working when it wants to and when it does it shows the same signal strength. The one weird thing is the cellular data button is greyed out and won’t let me turn it on though if I turn roaming on they come back for a while. The cameras show up under my att account as active without issue and att said there isn’t anything they can do. And as this happened at basically the same time with multiple cameras miles and miles apart I think it’s doubtful it’s a tower being turned off. I’m just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this issue? Even though the app says they are using LTE and my 5g phone says LTE a lot and still works. I think this has to be a arlo issue. Does anyone know if the old arlo go works with the arlo secure? I wonder if changing plans would fix it. Would I lose any functionality?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Socrates99 wrote:
 Even though the app says they are using LTE and my 5g phone says LTE a lot and still works.

There are far too many LTE phones out there for AT&T (or other carriers) to drop LTE service.

Before 5G, carriers were providing 3G everywhere they provided 4G/LTE.  Most are now dropping 3G, so they can provide 4G/LTE everywhere they provide 5G.

3G was introduced in 2001, so 3G service has been out there for 20 years.  No idea how long LTE service will last, but it will certainly be quite a while.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation