Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go works without plan????

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RB721
Follower
Follower
My camera is working after 2 years and I don’t recall signing up for any plan or subscription. How is that possible? Don’t I have to pay for the cell service or SIM card?
2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @RB721

"If you have an Arlo Wire-Free (VMC3030), Pro (VMC4030), Pro 2 (VMC4030P), Go (VML4030), Q (VMC3040), Q Plus (VMC3040S), or Baby (ABC1000) camera, you will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera. This includes free rolling 7-day cloud recording, live streaming, 2-way audio, local storage, and activity zones on up to 5 cameras." ​​

You can find more info in this Knowledge based article here:

What options will I have when my Arlo trial ends?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShayneS wrote:

Hi @RB721

"If you have an Arlo Wire-Free (VMC3030), Pro (VMC4030), Pro 2 (VMC4030P), Go (VML4030), Q (VMC3040), Q Plus (VMC3040S), or Baby (ABC1000) camera, you will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera. This includes free rolling 7-day cloud recording, live streaming, 2-way audio, local storage, and activity zones on up to 5 cameras." ​​

This is of course true, but the Go still needs a cellular data plan - which is not free - (and a SIM) .  So you must have set that up.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation