Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go will not sync and returning to factory settings does NOT work

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
666ArloUser666
Star
Star

I replaced a battery on an Arlo Go with a fully charged Arlo official battery and now my Arlo Go does not work.

It simply flashes blue but will not connect.

I removed the device and tried to reinstall it in hopes that that would fix things but I can no longer even add the device.

Pressing/holding the sync button also will NOT return the Arlo Go to factory default settings.

I removed sim cards, batteries, etc.  Nothing works.

I hear no clicks, no chimes...nothing.

It appears that simply putting in a fresh battery has bricked the device as I cannot even return the device to factory default settings. Holding the sync button does nothing.  My camera has never been exposed to the elements - it was in an enclosed storage locker since I bought it new.
On line chats suggestions with Arlo Staff (easily found online) did NO good. 

It appears that my 1 1/2 year old expensive device will go into the trash as I've read that Arlo doesn't repair devices that are out of warranty, typical of throw away culture.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a lot of experience with my Arlo Go cameras. If you are not getting good help with Level 1 support ask for help from Level 2. (I have used all levels of support!)

There are 2 things that I can think of that might help you.  It sounds to me that you need Arlo support to give you some free time to connect. It is possible that you are no longer on a subscription plan even though you think you have time (this has happened to me more than once). Level 1 can do this. It can take a few minutes even a half and hour for those free minutes to come to you even though they say it has been added to your account. When you try to connect you may be able to 1. just reconnect 2. scan the QR code 3. use the factory reset QR code and then scan the regular QR code to finally connect.  

If you can not get connected this way ask for Level 2 or 3 support. 

Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

One more thing

one the back of the camera where the battery connects to the camera there are 4 little prongs. Make sure they are in a straight line. One of mine bent and it would not record motion. I straightened it as best I could and it worked. 

666ArloUser666
Star
Star

Appreciate the time that you took to respond, however......

The sync button is NON responsive on the Arlo Go. NOTHING happens when you hold it down. Nothing.  I'm the only owner of the device and it has never been exposed to the elements.  A button shouldn't be defective after holding it down maybe 10-20 times max.   I've seen others report this problem too.

Prongs also shouldn't be defective or bent if I've only put in an official Arlo Battery. Furthermore, based on the design of the camera it's impossible to put batteries in a wrong angle that would lead to them being bent.

I also have no idea what you are referring to with respect to "time to connect"  Not only do I have a subscription but Arlo Go does NOT even require one. Arlo Go 2 does.  This is a hardware issue and, perhaps, a Verizon issue.

Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

What I meant was a data plan, not subscription although that is what Arlo calls it. If you aren't connected to a data plan the button will not make a click noise, it will be unresponsive. Even if you think you are connected to a paid data plan you may have been disconnected when you removed the battery or did some other things. I have 2 Go

cameras on Arlo and the comments I am making for free time etc only apply to Arlo Data Plan.  Does the new battery have a charge? If you put in the old battery what happens? Who do you have your data plan with?  When you put the battery in does the little blue light go on? 

One of my little prongs got bent....just sharing. 

666ArloUser666
Star
Star

I'm on Verizon for both my Arlo Go and Arlo Go 2.

Batteries installed were 100 percent charged.

Flutters
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the light flash blue when you install the battery? Does either camera work or is just Arlo Go broken?

if it is just Arlo Go that will not connect have you tried changing the sim cards between the 2 cameras? 

666ArloUser666
Star
Star

neither is working. SIM cards are different sizes.

Will go to Verizon and see if installing new sim cards does any good.

Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation