Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
alien_scones
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was reviewing my ARLO go cameras and the one camera I really need to work suddenly went offline.   

I didn't think much of it at the time.  I checked again today and the camera still shows offline, except when I look at the ATT data usage the camera is still using data. 

So is the camera really offline or is there another problem? 

9 REPLIES 9
alien_scones
Apprentice
Apprentice

Case Number - 40536023

alien_scones
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm unable to connect to the camera but it is still burning my data

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @alien_scones,

Try to unplug your Arlo Go camera, remove the battery, reinsert the battery, and see if you see any LED light turning on. You can read more here on how to troubleshoot your camera: My Arlo Go camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

alien_scones
Apprentice
Apprentice

The camera is 120 miles away.  

I was a sucker and believed the marketing hype.  

These cameras don't live up to whats printed on the box.

And support is a joke.  they stopped responding to my open cases. 

alien_scones
Apprentice
Apprentice

Its been 3 days going on 4 I have not seen the camera available online yet it is burning data  

burn_data.png

I've opened a support case (40536023)  but could not get through the level 1 pakistani support front. 

They apparently do not have any tools to assist other than scripts. 

Kamh
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem. I have 3 of the Arlo Go cameras and they all 3 went offline at the same time. I have removed the battery, removed the Sim and reinserted the Sim card, I have removed the cameras from my app and reinstalled to factory settings, I have even left the battery's out for 24 hours. I've moved the cameras several miles thinking it could be a cellular problem, although my cell phone has a great signal. Nothing helps. I have been able to get them back online, but just for short periods of time. I have done a live chat with Arlo, which was a joke, all they could do is refer me to a website. I spent three hours on the phone with the cellular service provider. They're not very knowledgeable in the cameras, but they certainly tried hard. Arlo's support is a joke.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

@alien_scones, I have escalated your case to our support team so someone should be reaching out to you regarding the problem you're having. If you do not hear back from our support team, feel free to PM me so I can help you out.

@Kamh, if your cellular service provider was unable to help you with the problem you had, feel free to PM me so I can escalate your case and let them know the problem you are having.

AntiqueWheels
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you guys ever find a solution to this? I'm having a similar issue! Thanks!

alien_scones
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's only happened once.
It stopped happened when I took the battery out and put it back in.
I think the camera had crashed or got hung up. Hopefully future updates will incorporate so.e type of keep alive checking, and reboot itself if that check fails.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation