Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go records videos from less than a second to 9 seconds

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WWWB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Go does not record a full video. It does not matter what the record length is set on. There are recordings of less than 1 second up to the record setting length. It is not consistent on the amount of time that is recorded. Signal strength is ok, battery is charged, location has not changed, plan has not changed. Camera has been restarted. Same issue with different settings. 

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey WWWB,

Do you have your recording set to "Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec)" or "Record for a fixed length of time"?

WWWB
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is set to record for a fixed length. I have tried 10s, 20s and 30s. All give a random record length. The recording stops even when there is still motion in front of the camera. There is no consistency.  

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried power cycling your Arlo Go camera by removing the battery from your camera and waiting 20 seconds and then reinserting the battery back in?

WWWB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not tried to repeatedly insert and then remove the battery. I do change it out every few weeks when the battery is low. The camera is now working acceptably without doing anything different. The recording duration is set at 30 seconds and will typically record for 20 seconds or more with a random 3 - 8 second recording. It is not consistent.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation