Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dcb-dcb-dcb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi community,

We are having issues with our Arlo Go cameras that are using data sims. 

Two of them are not adhering to the schedule and when we try to go into the settings, it just says 'Getting information' as pictured below. 'Plunkett' is also turning itself off every time we leave the app.

The third one doesn't load at all and simply says it is offline, even though it is charged and has a sim with credit in it.

Does anyone have any advice at all? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing one camera and setting it back up again.

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

It’s not you, I’m having a similar issue, with Arlo go 1.. saying the camera needs to install the Simms card, but it doesn’t have one.  initially This only happened on the web interface, but not the app.  But now the 2 Go cameras (which have worked for years perfect) are off line as in no data connection  I’m going to contact Verizon to get new Simms chips for the cameras. And reinstall at their retail shop.  If it doesn’t work there it a free replacement.  

I think Arlo is ignoring me, on 5 calls and lots of diagnoses.  There are software issues (again)!

maybe arlo is trying trying to get me to upgrade to new go2 

dcb-dcb-dcb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help. Has Arlo told you that they will replace the camera for free? How did you get through to them to confirm this? Not having much luck with them either.

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

No, Arlo did not say they will replace camera for free, I was referring to the Simms card.  Verizon will replace it for free, to update it to a 4g LTE connection, earlier versions were connecting to 3g as well. I ended up fixing the issue in the app, by taking out the Simms card and the battery and restarting.  Seems to be working. 

FYI- I called Verizon and the new Simms card is out of stock.  So, we’re stock with what u got. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation