Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go chews up data around 6MB a day even when device and motion detection is off

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BobWeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera chews up data at around 6megs a day even when device is turned 'off' , and motion detection is disabled. Battery also seems to drain in about a week even with absolute minimal use.
Anyone finding the same? Solutions? Disinclined to seek customer support judging by comments people make.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that anyone has measured data usage when disarmed. I kinda think your usage may seem to be about right since the camera has to maintain contact with the servers so you can operate it.

Battery drain should be much less unless the camera is having issues maintaining a cell connection for any reason.

Remember that this is a user forum - official support is here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know that anyone has measured data usage when disarmed. I kinda think your usage may seem to be about right since the camera has to maintain contact with the servers so you can operate it.

Battery drain should be much less unless the camera is having issues maintaining a cell connection for any reason.

Remember that this is a user forum - official support is here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

BobWeb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat. I guess you are right. While one might turn the camera 'off' from the App, it has to maintain some sort of connectivity to the network for one to be able to turn it on again, so data will get used I guess. The signal isn't perfect at the camera site either so there's a few disconnect/connect episodes every few days, all using data and battery I guess. Thanks for your comments.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation