Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Record Video after motion only records 10 seconds How to set record until activity stops?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MondaFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just received my Arlo Go Friday and have it set up with a custom scheduling mode.  Things are working 99% good, except the Rule to record video.  I adjust the slider to say 30 seconds from the default 10 seconds, Save, etc., but when I test by walking in front of the camera, it only records 10 second clips.

Any help is appreciated.  I saw elsewhere in searching Help the option to "record until activity stops, up to 300 seconds".  Perhaps this is for a different Arlo model and not the Arlo Go?  I would prefer to record as long as motion is detected, instead of selecting a fixed recording length, but if a fixed length is all that is available for the Arlo Go, I definitely want to select more than 10 seconds.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MondaFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solved!

On the screen where there is Armed at the top, then Disarmed, then Schedule, then Geofencing, then my Custom mode (at the bottom); the circle bullet point was "filled in" for Armed, at the top of the screen. 

For the past couple days, I kept editing my Custom mode at the bottom with the Pencil icon and saving all the steps, but I hadn't selected my Custom mode at the bottom of that screen, i.e. that circle bullet point is "filled in".  Once I did that, my settings (such as a 61 second video recording time) are now effective.

I still wish the "record as long as there is motion" option was available instead of selecting a fixed time of say 30 seconds.  Is that an option for another Arlo camera, but not on the Arlo Go? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Does the slider remain at 30 seconds when you check it later or has it reverted to 10?  If the latter, make sure you're hitting any Save buttons available (it depends on whether it's the Armed mode or your custom ones as to how many Saves are available).

It may be that you need to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it to get it to work properly.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

when you hit the BACK button , at bottom of previous page is SAVE

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MondaFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

The slider does stay at the new set time (now at 61 seconds). I think I go through three "Saves" to save the new settings.

I just tested the camera by walking back and forth for about 30 seconds and the Arlo Go recorded three separate 10 second clips.

I will try your "remove camera" idea later tonight as I didn't bring the box with me and I presume I may need the QR code on the box to re-setup the camera.

MondaFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solved!

On the screen where there is Armed at the top, then Disarmed, then Schedule, then Geofencing, then my Custom mode (at the bottom); the circle bullet point was "filled in" for Armed, at the top of the screen. 

For the past couple days, I kept editing my Custom mode at the bottom with the Pencil icon and saving all the steps, but I hadn't selected my Custom mode at the bottom of that screen, i.e. that circle bullet point is "filled in".  Once I did that, my settings (such as a 61 second video recording time) are now effective.

I still wish the "record as long as there is motion" option was available instead of selecting a fixed time of say 30 seconds.  Is that an option for another Arlo camera, but not on the Arlo Go? 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation