Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go - QR Code Scan Fails

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NickColleen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model: VML4030-100AUS

My Arlo Go has worked faultlessly for 12 months using a Kogan Australia data SIM. The SIM recently expired and I replaced it with an ALDI Mobile data SIM which has been activated successfully. However I cannot get my Arlo Go to register using the new SIM.

I have scanned the QR code to reset Arlo Go back to the default factory settings and get the chime to say that it was successful. However when I scan the QR code to register Arlo, I get 3 beeps indicating that the registration was unsuccessful. As expected the device never appears on the Looking for Arlo page.

I have read a few posts such as this https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Go/Cant-scan-QR-code-Arlo-Go/m-p/1657500/thread-id/2987 which suggest removing the PIN code from the SIM will solve the problem but this is not possible on the SIM I have purchased. There is no option to remove the PIN. Are there any other solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NickColleen
Aspirant
Aspirant

G'Day Shayne,

Thanks for the reply.

I swapped to another the SIM from my phone to test and still could not registered the Arlo despite trying 10 times.

Stuck the newly purchased SIM back in to try one more time and suddenly it started working! Not sure if the SIM was not seated correctly or if the wind suddenly blew from a different direction but it is all working now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @NickColleen

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

NickColleen
Aspirant
Aspirant

G'Day Shayne,

Thanks for the reply.

I swapped to another the SIM from my phone to test and still could not registered the Arlo despite trying 10 times.

Stuck the newly purchased SIM back in to try one more time and suddenly it started working! Not sure if the SIM was not seated correctly or if the wind suddenly blew from a different direction but it is all working now.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation