Arlo Go (Original All Go)

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does anyone know if the Original Arlo Go is still supported. If so for how long. I have some of the regional ones, which I have replaced with Arlo Go 2s. However I have a need to install one of them for some period of time. Would like to make sure before I go thru the effort of getting a Cell plan for it.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lwthomas1 wrote:

Does anyone know if the Original Arlo Go is still supported. If so for how long.

It is NOT on the EoL list.  No idea how long that will be the case.

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stephen,

Fyi. The Arlo GO does show up in the options under cameras/Other. It will let you configure it and you can

view it. However, you will not be able to access any of the configuration screens on it (Motion etc.) So it

is pretty much useless except for view only mode. Not going to pay for a data plan for that.

Thanks, Larry

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Not sure why they wouldn't either inform you or remove it from the configuration list.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lwthomas1 wrote:

The Arlo GO does show up in the options under cameras/Other. It will let you configure it and you can

view it. However, you will not be able to access any of the configuration screens on it (Motion etc.) So it

is pretty much useless except for view only mode. Not going to pay for a data plan for that.

I'm not sure where you are looking.  Can you post some screen shots ?  Also, are you seeing "Library" in your app, or are you seeing "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead?

There have been reports on issues with the Go here, but I don't own one, so cannot verify them.  Hopefully others here will chime in.

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am definitely on the Feed system. I have Pro5 S cameras and had to go thru a bunch of nonsense just to get my geofencing to work in a manner even close to the Library. Unfortunately I can't send any screenshots because I went back ti AT&T and canceled the data line already. 

But the details are that I could add the camera and view the camera live. However when you go to try and setup up notifications there were no fields for this camera such as Motion_+Record& Nortifications as there are on my Arlo Go2 cameras and my Pro5 S cameras. There was no where under the camera to even view the settings. It did let you add the camera however it was listed under other with the Q&Q Plus, Baby Cam, and the Arlo hubs. It did add ok and you could view it, but it was useless beyond that and not worth paying for a data plan. I only needed to add one additional camera for a temporary purpose so I thought I would just add one of these Arlo Go cameras I have as opposed to buying another Arlo Go 2. Anyway it does not work. I am pretty sure Arlo's position on that is that the Arlo Go is NOT supported on the Feed system.  Not sure why they would allow you to add it. Several people said that if they tried to upgrade and had Arlo Go cameras it would warn them so they backed out of it.

So to be clear you could add it and view it live, but you could not access any of the camera settings or motion/arming settings.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Default camera settings under Default Mode Settings. You can also set them in the rules for the camera by adding an action and choosing Customize Device.

That said, did you get a notification when migrating to the new UI that uses Feed that the camera may be an issue? Some legacy devices may only partially work in the new UI - dunno if the original Go is one of them.

lwthomas1
Apprentice
Apprentice

No. Need to explain.  I retired my Arlo Go cameras about 2 years ago and replaced them with Arlo Go 2 cameras. I was aware of some of the issues beforehand with cameras etc. and that you were forced to use the feed with the Pro5 S cameras. So I checked with the Level 2 people late last year and they told me none of the Arlo Go cameras were compatible so I stayed on the Library. In March I got some feedback that the Arlo Go 2 cameras would work. I checked with the Level 2 folks and they informed me that they would. I wasn't even considering the Arlo Go for anything at this point. 

Before I upgraded to the Feed I setup a new account and purchased an Arlo Pro5 s. I installed the Pro5s on this new account and of course it set it up as a Feed. So I moved 1 of my Arlo Go 2 cameras and one of my Pro4 cameras to this new account so I could test while I was still in trial mode on the Arlo Pro5s. they all 3 work very similar. the exception being there are a few default options differ etc on each of them. They are all working fine as far as the cameras go. The only issue was it was it was a pain to try and get some sort of comparable Geofencing setup similar to the Library. I finally have something that is close. I did get rid of all the "crackling" Pro4 cameras as part of this.

I had a short term (a couple of months) need for another camera. So rather than buy another Arlo Go 2, I thought I would see if one of the retired Arlo Go cameras would work since they still showed up in the install screens of the Feed. I got a data line, installed it and got no complaints/warnings from the system. It installed and you could view the camera live. However, you had no camera options (at all) and no Motion-Record-Notification options in the arming screens. So the Arlo Go looks like it is one that is not going to go forward. I can see why as I have had the Arlo Go for 8 years. Believe it or not, they all still work and the batteries still charge. However they should probably put a warning in the install screen of the Feed for that camera. I am not upset, just was hoping for a quick solution to this temporary camera I need. 

That's it.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation