Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go: No Arlo Device Found message during installation.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rich777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Arlo community.

I have a problem with my new Arlo Go camera (not an Arlo Go 2).

I have 4 Arlo Go cameras each working perfectly with a Vodafone Smart SIM (also known as a V-Sim) here in the UK.

Bought another Arlo Go but right at the end of installation I get "No Arlo device found". This is the screen with a green circle and a sweeping green hand.

Tried many times.

Tried on laptop as well as Arlo app.

SIM is inserted correctly. In fact I have 2 spare Smart SIMs but process is unsuccessful with both.

Battery is fully charged.

You get the chime when you hold the QR code on the app in front of the Arlo camera.

I called Vodafone. Vodafone could see that both SIMs were activated and setup just like the other 4 SIMs that work perfectly in the other 4 Arlo Go cameras.

The first time around there was no chime when holding up the QR code on the app in front of the Arlo camera. Went and reset the Arlo cam to default settings on Arlo.com and it has chimed okay since.

After chiming you get blue followed by purple flashing lights. These continue when app is looking for the device. These lights then change to a fast flashing amber light. Then there are no lights. No device is found. 

My 4 working cameras are currently at another location so can't get hold of them readily.

Please can you help.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try factory resetting the camera using the instructions listed in the following article: https://kb.arlo.com/1202749/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Go-camera-to-factory-default-settings

After the factory reset is complete, try onboarding again (be sure the battery is charged before starting), do you experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Rich777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

I used the link you sent and reset the camera successfully but unfortunately the same problem occurred right at the end with no device being found. The battery was charged, the SIM was correctly inserted, and I got chimes throughout. But right at the end no device was found,

Regards Rich777 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rich777,

Depending on the exact sequence of the LEDs when the onboarding is failing, this could give you a better idea of what might be happening: https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

Try onboarding again, pay close attention to the LED behavior and refer to the LED behavior guide above.

JamesC

Rich777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

When the device is trying to be located (final stage with green circle and sweeping green hand) I get:

Alternating blue and purple. The camera is connecting to the cellular network and the cloud.

This occurs for about a minute.

I then get:

Fast blinking amber. 

• The camera is connected to the cellular network but it cannot connect to the cloud.
  • During a QR code scan, the scan failed.
  • The USB charging cable or adapter is incompatible.

There are then no more lights and message says "No Arlo devices found". Throughout the process leading up to the final screen I always get the correct chimes,

Regards Rich777.

Rich777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello JamesC and Arlo Community,

I have come to a dead end. The camera is still not working.

I have done additional research and have found no answers as to why the camera does nothing.

Please assist.

Thanks for your help,

Regards Rich777.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rich777,

Given you have other Arlo Go cameras that are active and the troubleshooting steps you described taking, it would seem this could be a defective unit. If the camera is still under warranty or within return/exchange period I encourage you to contact the original place of purchase and request an exchange.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation