Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go - New Installation/Set-Up

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Hello:

I've just set-up a new Arlo Go, It is working normally with my Samsung SGH-i257 Android 4.4.2,

But, when I log-in to the camera from my Mac desk top 10.13.6, with Verizon FIOS 100/100

I am getting a "Getting Status" message - first is shows Live with a Start Arrow and then it Goes to the "Getting Status" message. 

All the other camera controls work from the Mac.  I have tried the camera's Firmware, by opening and closing the battery door.

Any input appreaciated.

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you enabled Flash for your browser? What browser is it?

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for your reply.  I'm using FireFox Quantum 63.0.3, I've tried installing the Flash Player (not sure if will work with FF) but I'm still getting the same message.  I also tried using Safari 12.0.1 (after installing Flash Player)  but the same happens.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget to enable Flash in the browsers - installing isn't sufficient. There's an FAQ here on how to enable Flash in various browsers.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

The Adobe Flash Player wont work with FF Quantum, but I have tried several other Flash Players from the FF Add-On site.  I have also tried switching from Ethernet to Wi-Fi, I have also tried it with our laptop wich is a Dell w/Windows 10 and using both FF and Microsoft Edge.

But I am still getting that same message on all of the above.  Now yesterday, the Live was working a little bit, it was showing a very small LIVE in the corner of the old still, so I am not sure what that was all about.  And what made the differance?

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

I went into FF Permissions and made some changes - now under Device Utilities>Positioning: I'm getting a LIVE picture, However, when I go to the camera and click LIVE - I still get that same message - so now to figure out why I'm only getting a live feed when I'm in the Positioning window??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Live requires Flash while positioning doesn't (I thought it did at one time but doesn't now). You haven't activated Flash, though, based on your writings:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/set-adobe-flash-click-play-firefox

If it's unique to Quantum somehow, you may be on your own.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the link - I had previously got all the settings.   This situation is also occuring with our Dell Laptop (Window's 10) with both Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge and Adobe Flash Player is installed & activated on the Dell Laptop.

This is all very strange!!!!!!

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Note:  I have also tried Safari which has a Settings For This Webpage seletor and the little window that opens shows Adobe Flash: On, I have also put all the other settings to Allow.

What is the OS and Browser that you use??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use W10 x64 and Chrome. I'll use FF and Edge for testing but that's about it. I note that you say FF Quantum is v63 or so - is that the latest?  Edge still displays the Flash message and live view won't work.

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

Camera seems defective, a senior tech has arranged an RMA - I will be receiving a replacement Go in 3-5 working days - after which I will send the defect back with a postage-paid lable.

When I get the replacement I will try LIVE with W10 & Chrome (although I've already tried W10 with Microsoft Edge & IE).

sahnyc
Tutor
Tutor

UPDATE:

I received the replacement camera about 2-weeks ago - it has been set-up and working properly.

The LIVE feature is working normally, not sure what made the differance.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation