Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why does the library not show older recordings beyond the first of the current month?

I left my camera around a week ago, but now (Feb 1) cannot see what was recorded last week.

How useful is that?

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use the "arrow" to the left to go to the previous month?

JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

What arrow?

There is no arrow visible on either the web application on my laptop (using Win10, Chrome - both latest updates) OR on the phone (Android, again updated yesterday) to use.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On win 10 and Fire Fox,,, prev month shown; click on that

Capture.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @TomMac & @jguerdat So this is the screen I see ...

ArloScreen.jpg

and there is no arrow there.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok... have you tried to reset the cache on the browser

or

power button reboot the base ( off then on )

JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cleared the browser cache - no difference.

NFI what you mean by power reset the "base" - Mt Arlo goes direct to the phone network without a base. Short of getting Telstra to reset their entire national network, I am at a loss as to what I am supposed to reset.

Besides, the problem is in the display from your website, how can that be related to what my Arlo is doing?

blabbyplanet84
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey Aspirant - I have the same problem. Here's how I solved it. Notice in the URL line it includes /202002/20200201/day. Change that piece to /202001/20200101/day, and hey presto, January appears!

JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yeah, I can do that too, but the interface should allow moving back and forth between months. The "Guru" seems to think so too.

JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

So ...

Just because this has become a major issue for me. 

We use the Arlo to keep a track on our "home" while we travel our beautiful country. So it is important that we be able to look at reports from a few days ago, especially when the "few days" spans a month change. I really do not understand why it is so hard!

Just for my peace of mind, I checked by trying to log in using another browser. Because it is there, I used M$ Edge. The arrow is not there to go back a month, so cache issues don't come into it as this is the very first time I have used Edge this century!

As a long time IT user (and power user, teacher, troubleshooter, programmer and trainer) I do not believe that the solution lies in the cache, nor does it lie in the browser. I believe that the problem lies in the code implementing the calendar OR in the code that defines the reaction to each browser and country. In case it is not apparent, I am in Australia, and the difficulty might relate to the interpretation of dates wrt USA and Aus. (We use D/M/Y, while you use M/D/Y - which is just wierd) .

Whatever the problem is, it is very very annoying that I cannot go back to a previous month without resorting to manipulating the interface (as suggested earlier) and I hope someone is working on what the problem is rather than trying to infer that I am a dumbass because I cannot do stuff.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it should work... ( sorry about reboot, was thinking base unit )

Unknown as to why it doesn't.

Only other thing I can think of is other browsers. In past I have seen some work better than others for small things... have you tried Fire Fox ?

PS... btw, not my web site. just a user like you  🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I note that there is only one day with recordings in February in your posted screenshot. Is it possible that you have the free 7 day plan and there were no recordings in late January? If so, nothing would be available for viewing and, I suppose, no way to go to the previous month.

JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Actually, I have an Arlo Smart plan, paid monthly.

Just because there's little activity while we are away from home, doesn't mean anything, really, except that there's little activity.

If I do the fiddling around with the date in the browser search bar, the older files are there. I see no reason why they shouldn't be available. I also somewhat resent being spoken to as if I'm dumb. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not trying to imply you're dumb or anything else. I can't see what you're doing or how you're doing it so I can only ask questions and provide responses that are rather generic. Sometimes I'm more specific and get back "I don't know how to do that" replies - I just have to start someplace.

The fact that you can twiddle the URL and get results shows that the web interface is the issue, not how you're manipulating it. Using both W10/Chrome and the Android app I have no problem. However, I'm on the Elite plan - what plan are you using? I wonder if that's somehow the issue.

Since this is all beyond what can be solved here, contact support and log an issue.

JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey, sorry I got stroppy, just this is giving me the terminal irrits!

Support has been contacted almost a week ago now (case #41430757) but nothing from them so far. 

1-2 working days? Really? Case was initiated 1 Feb here, so likely 31 Jan there, and now 6 Feb. 

Thanks for trying.

John

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JohnAttwood

I will be escalating your case for you, may I ask for the the best time/day/TZ and phone number to reach you? please PM we with the Contact information & I will escalate this as soon as it's received.

JohnAttwood
Aspirant
Aspirant

The case is already in the hands of the support team.

As I suspect that you are in USA, and I am in Australia, I see no benefit to you calling me by phone.

BTW, I have just seen a message from support asking me if the issue has been resolved. This is the very first response from them since I raised the case, and I am unsure what they have done in the interim. They certainly have not mentioned anything to me.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation