Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Go - Getting Status Error On The Web Portal (Chrome & Edge)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jgerb
Initiate
Initiate

Have a brand new Arlo Go on the Arlo Mobile Network.

Everythign works with the iOs app.

When logging in using the arlo website/portal through a web browser on my windows computer (either Chrome or Edge) the same problem occurs.  Once I login for 1 second it lets me click on "Live" but then switches to say "Getting Status...".  It always stays on Getting Status when accessing through the web portal.  Only works through the app.  Please help.  Have already tried resetting the device through the web portal and also tried power cycling and removing the physical battery as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jgerb
Initiate
Initiate

Probelm has been identified as an overly protective Barracuda web filter.  Our IT edept has worked with Barracude to no avail and simply opening up the required ports doesn't work.  When I take my computer off of our office network and attempt to access the camera with my computer connected to my cell phone/hotspot (no barracude filter) everything works great.  Easy fix without completely reengineering our network infrastructure and security is to use a web-based virtual machine such as browserling.com to access my.arlo.com.  We used Windows 10 and Chrome version 56 and were able to access just fine.  Only issue is that the free browserling.com site only lets you access the virtual machine for 3 minutes at a time, then kicks you out.  Also the range of available resolutions is limited so the arlo image is a bit granulated/blurry but good enough for our specific purposes.  You can always signup for a paid browerling.com account which will allow high resolution and no time limit.  Also, FYI, doesn't appear that the audio feed is supported by browserling but again, for our specific purposes it is not needed. Not a great fix but a descent bandaid for now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link below for you - Arlo Tech Support

mjayling
Aspirant
Aspirant

FWIW, I'm seeing the exact same behavior.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mjayling

Can you reboot the Arlo Go and test this again. Do you have the latest Arlo Mobile App 2.7.1 installed?

jgerb
Initiate
Initiate

Probelm has been identified as an overly protective Barracuda web filter.  Our IT edept has worked with Barracude to no avail and simply opening up the required ports doesn't work.  When I take my computer off of our office network and attempt to access the camera with my computer connected to my cell phone/hotspot (no barracude filter) everything works great.  Easy fix without completely reengineering our network infrastructure and security is to use a web-based virtual machine such as browserling.com to access my.arlo.com.  We used Windows 10 and Chrome version 56 and were able to access just fine.  Only issue is that the free browserling.com site only lets you access the virtual machine for 3 minutes at a time, then kicks you out.  Also the range of available resolutions is limited so the arlo image is a bit granulated/blurry but good enough for our specific purposes.  You can always signup for a paid browerling.com account which will allow high resolution and no time limit.  Also, FYI, doesn't appear that the audio feed is supported by browserling but again, for our specific purposes it is not needed. Not a great fix but a descent bandaid for now.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation