Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
jkabush
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I am having a lot of problems with my Arlo Go Cameras going offline. Out of the 16 cameras that I have which connect to different cell towers, only 5 are working. What causes these cameras to go offline so often? It seems the only fix we found so far was to remove the battery, wait a few seconds, plug the battery back in and it will go online. Sometime it will last a few days and it will go offline again, sometimes it's only a few hours.

Also, when cameras go offline and I have an SD Card installed in them, will they still record events.

Any suggestions?

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To help determine what the problem is, swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

If the camera is still working but has lost connection to its tower, the card will be recording. If the camera has lost its mind, likely nothing will be recorded.

jkabush
Tutor
Tutor

Is it possible to do a firmware update on these cameras? Something doesn't seem right with these cameras that I have so many that go offline randomly.

jkabush
Tutor
Tutor

Never mind, not a firmware issue as I don't have anything to update.

jkabush
Tutor
Tutor

This what I don't understand with these cameras. I didn't do anything to them yesterday and when I checked on them today I now have 10 cameras working. This is my problem, they work one day but the next day they will go offline. The camera that aren't working, I've asked the guys out in the field to reset them, which will bring even more online.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you have this issue next time, try force closing the app and reopen it as well as trying the web client, just to see if there's a difference.

jkabush
Tutor
Tutor

I have already tried that but it didn't make any difference.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then your choice is to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware problem.

kwhiffin
Star
Star

I am seeing a similar issue with the latest firmware update.  Yesterday it did a firmware update, and now it keeps going offline every few hours.  I have to pull the battery to get it back.  What did that latest update do?

JadedInNC
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought it and it “goes off line” and “check for mobile coverage”.  It goes offline for hours or even overnight.  I reset it and it goes offline again.  Verizon just tells me to reset it and pull the SIM card out.  It still goes offline and nothing has changed.  I will be returning the camera today and trying competitors.  Good luck with yours!  I call Arlo Support and they hung up on me.  Kept telling me to look on line.  Very disappointed with their customer service and product.  

Rkay321
Guide
Guide

I have had similar issues for a long time,  the problem is either: the camera is from a bad lot of units. Or, the camera is connected to a 3g tower.  Try taking one or two cameras to a strong LTE location and see if it works at that location,  probably you should Reboot it with so it finds and connected to LTE strong connection, then bring it back to your location and see what happens.

My cameras were on the fringe of LTE coverage and this made some of the cameras go off line frequently.  I also had issues with cameras be faulty.  

Three cameras now and all work perfectly.  But I must say, Verizon has done upgrades to many Cell towers in the area improving the LTE coverage 

kwhiffin
Star
Star

I'm with ya on the customer service.  Rebooting these cameras by pulling the battery is a BS solution.  I don't know why they can't update their firmware so that the camera polls for a signal every so often when offline and there is sufficient battery power.  My cameras go offline and I am in an area with good signal.  Maybe the firmware is doing what i suggest but it doesn't work.  The only thing that works for me is pulling the battery which is a pain in the A since this camera is in a remote location.  

jayda
Initiate
Initiate

I'm sick to death of the camera.  It barely goes a few days at a time working.  support is hopeless.  continually giving me link for set up.  I've had the stupid camera for over 2 years.  I've set it up so many times, I know set up like the back of my hand.  support are just reading from their stupid book.  The frustration level is high.  I've spent countless hours trying to get working.  I have had the camera replaced once already and this one is now as bad.

angelahortega
Aspirant
Aspirant
What ither data cameras are there? Just curious in case I have issues down the road.
jkabush
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using the Arlo Go on the Verizon network.

When the cameras work, they are okay we have caught some thefts. However, one day they might be working and the next day it will say offline. I have contacted support and they aren't helpful at all. They told me to reset my router, it seems they don't even know there own product.

On average out of 13 cameras we run, I will have at least 8 of them offline daily.

SBHE
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same deal, always offline. in my 60 years this is probably the worst most ineffectiv product I've ever purchased and I surely hope I can get my money back tomorrow when I take it back I've been at this since October and it's probably worked all of 5 days since October round and around I go Verizon support Arlo support unsecure with my security cam
SBHE
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same deal, always offline. in my 60 years this is probably the worst most in

effectively useless

product I've ever purchased and I surely hope I can get my money back tomorrow when I take it back I've been at this since October and it's probably worked all of 5 days since October round and around I go Verizon support Arlo support unsecure with my security cam
Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation