Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
aerial_lighting
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Support Community,

Has anyone experienced their cameras going offline once they are provisioned to a new account? Our organization uses these cameras to monitor job sites. We provision the cameras to our Arlo account and then ditribute them to employees for installation. We have had 2 cases where employees provisioned the devices onto their own, newly created accounts before moutning them. We lose connectivity to the device once this happens and it's a struggle to resolve the situation.

My questions are:

1) How can the cameras be added back to the original account without having physical access to them. I know I could have a user scan a bar code, but this entails an administrator sending a picture of a bar code to that employee. Plus, this has impacted several cameras, which would cost us time.

2) How can I prevent this from happening?! This is a huge security flaw. Could anyone with physical access to the device just remove it and then add it to their account. Our organization is paying for the 4G service of the device? It seems that netgear did not consider how theft may impact these devices. 

I have reached out to support via phone & chat, but no one I speak to seems to understand the core issue here. They simply state to call back when I have physical access to the device. Very frusturated and looking for answers. Thank you!

- James

Arlo Go

Verizon Wireless

1.096.3.0_1.8.56.0_0.6.5.4.VZ.007

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @aerial_lighting,

Are you using the grant access option when giving access to other people to monitor the accounts? You can have them create new accounts themselves and use the "Grant Access" option in order to limit some of their administrative rights. You can read more about it here: How can multiple people access the same Arlo account?

aerial_lighting
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @JessicaP,

Yes, we are using the grant access option in order to give others access to the cameras. In fact, this wasn't a variable I considered. The employees that are deploying these units have also been granted access to the cameras with administrative rights. Is this why they are able to re-provisions the cameras? Thank you. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You can disable the administrative rights for them so they cannot change any settings. You can read more here on what privileges the accounts with administrative rights have: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation