Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Battery drained

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Mischelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought an Arlo go and had it less than 3 months, it has the battery in but is connected by plug to the electric permanently, so I'm confused as to why the battery doesn't charge up and keep it fully charged all the time, after spending over £300 on the camera do I now have to buy another battery for it ?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not likely. If it's plugged in, why is the battery drained? What charger are you using? You should use the one marked Netgear that has both 5v and 9v outputs. Did you ever see the battery level icon with the lightning bolt in it which would indicate that external power was connected?

Mischelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

It came as a kit camera with lead and plug on with battery in, so from the day it's been put up it's been plugged in, it did indicate it was running out about two weeks ago and kept going off, I saw someone else had, had the same problem when they'd undone the battery compartment and pressed the button once and it began working again. It's still plugged in but not charging and the battery is dead, we've had nothing but trouble with it really 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's been 3 months since purchase, you likely can't swap for another at the store. You could try using another charger that supports Qualcomm Quick Charge with 5v and 9v outputs such as those that come with recent Samsung and other phones so see if that helps.  Of course, if the battery is totally dead, you may need to resort to this to get it charging:

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

If all fails, open a case with support here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation