Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go Battery Life

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SRSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone used a larger external 12v battery with a power inverter? My arlo go security camera is in another state and I need more than 3-4 weeks of battery life. I have little or no motion alerts. The summer heat and 2 bars of signal takes its toll on the small internal battery. Tks

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That seems feasible although the inverter should be as efficient as possible. Also, what about using a solar panel to help keep the Go battery charged?

SRSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great call out on the solar charger. The camera is under a canopy of trees and no sun makes it to the area being monitored.

SRSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

This model works well on the bench. Let's see what happens off the grid with the Arlo Go camera. I will mount the box to a board and mount next to camera.

Arlo battery supplyArlo battery supply

More to follow.

MichaelMoore
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any chance you could give me more details on how you made that and how to connect it to the Arlo Go?
SRSD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't waste your time. The inverter killed the battery in 3 days.

MichaelMoore
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wonder if a solar panel capable of keeping that battery charged would solve the issue?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on how much recording and live viewing you do, it can keep the battery topped up when good sunlight is available for several hours..

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation