Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
TerrySE
Follower
Follower

Hi,

Purchased 1 Arlo GO mobile camera last summer. So far, the experience has been disappointing. It does not fulfill my expectations of a reliable mobile camera (I wanted to have a backup security system in case my wifi cameras would go offline for any reason). This Arlo GO camera keeps disconnecting and showing offline in the App. I have reset many times but it eventually will go offline after some time (hours or days). I even changed the location but made no difference. 

I noticed that when I have the camera run on battery only, it seems to work. Once plugged in (which is the only way for me to make this work), the camera will eventually go offline (the battery is charged - it is not running out of juice).

So is this camera defective OR not able to stay connected to the data network while plugged in? anyone experience the same thing? 

This is very frustrating - especially for the high investment that this was (plus the special data plan I had to purchase upfront with a local provider - Tele 2 here in Sweden). so much money for so little result. At this point, I would return the whole damn thing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi TerrySE,

Try reading this article to learn how to troubleshoot if your Arlo Go camera keeps going offline: My Arlo Go camera is offline; how can I troubleshoot it?

bjojje
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problems with my Arlo 3 cameras. Sometimes they go off and come back.

And in the last two weeks they have stayed in offline for five times. I have to restart the hub and after about ten minutes the cameras is online again, but for how long this time??

So expencive and so bad quality.

I,m also live in Sweden and have Telia as my provider.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bjojje,

Poor signal strength can result in the behavior you're describing. How far from the SmartHub are the cameras? What does the signal strength icon show?

JamesC

Pug_daddy1
Tutor
Tutor

I have had the same problem. Mine is in my 18 wheeler. I have been leaving it on all the time. By me doing this it goes offline 3 to 4 times a day. I then have to take the battery out then the sim card and put them back in. This usually gets it back on line and will work. For the last 2 days, I have kept the camera turned off and then when I leave the  truck, I'll turn it on and activate it. So far it works the way it's meant to. 

Svizzero
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

I have the same problem. Camera offline. It  worked well the first 6-7 month. Now it seems to go offline every 2-3 days and I have no time to reach my camera location daily (2h from my home).  As Terry SE said, it looks working better with the battery as with the normal electricity connection!!! 

Any suggestions?

Pug_daddy1
Tutor
Tutor
I have to turn it off when I’m in my truck. Then when I leave the truck, I’ll turn it back on. I’m very disappointed with this camera.
Svizzero
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC

I work with a SIM card, no hub. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Svizzero,

Have you tried the following link shown above when your Arlo Go goes offline? If that article doesn't help, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Taraau
Initiate
Initiate
im having the same issue with my arlo go. We shouldn't have to trouble shoot and restart every other day for security. Its pointless if it doesn't work when you need it to.
We are paying for something that isn't reliable.
What happens if we are away from home and something happens?? Can't trouble shoot from a distance because it's not connected to the app
daunderw
Tutor
Tutor
I’m experiencing the same problem. It’s worked well for about a day but goes offline for hours at a time. I called Verizon and they confirmed the camera as connected to the network with no issues on their end.

Definitely frustrating since the whole point is for that camera to be on when it’s needed. I’m going to give this a few more days before I request a replacement or my money back.
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation