Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Pyblack
Tutor
Tutor
Can netgear confirm if they have plans to make Arlo Go available to the UK?
13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pyblack,

I currently do not have any information on the future availability of Arlo Go outside the US. Keep an eye on the products page of the Arlo website for updates on availability.

JamesC

o-cloughie
Tutor
Tutor

I would buy at least 4 of these to go with my pros

Pyblack
Tutor
Tutor
Just want to update that I purchased the Arlo Go in the US and brought it back to UK and it works great under the O2 network. With an 02 SIM.
Dynamo11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello which model have you found to work with O2 please? I'm thinking of doing the same but I under there are several models and I don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong one and find it won't work here in the UK.

thanks

Pyblack
Tutor
Tutor
I got the 200NAS version which was in Wallmart not the Verizon model. Took the SIM card out and replaced with O2 SIM when I was back in UK and it works although the APN still reports as Arlo mobile.
I will be back in October as I need to get a secondary battery but I'm really pleased with the product.
bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Launched last week across Europe with Vodafone

cheers

bogie
Randy17
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can you purchase the Arlo Go for the UK if you are not a Vodafone mobile customer? Vodafone is offering it with a V-sim option only that is purely for existing Vodafone customers (it's an add-on plan to an existing vodafone contract, not a vodafone pay as you go or new sim pay montly only plan but you have to get a vodafone contract on a smart phone)

Pyblack
Tutor
Tutor
Purchased the SIM free SKU (IE not the Verizon deal which is a bit like how Vodafone in the UK are presenting it) from Wallmart when I was in the states and brought it back to the UK. I have since been back to get another one and both are working great on O2 pay as you go SIMs in the UK. O2 use the same frequency standards as the Arlo US version. Maybe Netgear will eventually launch a SIM free version in the UK as I think in the US it was solely Verizon initially.
bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear has not launched a SIM free version of Arlo Go in Europe (yet) However the Arlo Go that Vodafone are selling is not locked and can be used with any SIM. I have an EE SIM in my Arlo Go because im in a poor Vodafone coverage area.

cheers

bogie
SoCowboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got one in the UK on V. Working really well. I have a rolling 30 day contract just to get the cam.  Didn’t know if it was locked? But interesting to know any data sim will work. Which one and what data allowance are you using? I might just cancel my whole Vodafone contract and go commando!

bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Im using an EE PAYG data SIM, due to coverage. Its hardly using any data. I only have it on at night and when im working away from home a few days per week. Probably goes off and records for a couple of minutes per week. 1 minute of recording is using about 4MB so 1GB lasts quite a while, of course it will depend on how you set it up, quality etc.

cheers

bogie
SoCowboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that! Might try it and see how it goes! The V-sim doesn’t - as far as I can see - have a data limit so for 4 quid a month may not be that bad?

bogie1
Apprentice
Apprentice

The V-sim is the best deal out there for unlimited data. I didnt change because of price, just because im in a Vodafone blackspot for decent data.

cheers

bogie
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation