Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alarm Siren Button Is Missing On App?

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Bewright
Tutor
Tutor

Feeling like an idiot!  I do not see this gray line for the siren button on the new update!!  Arlo.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update everyone that you can now trigger the alarm for Arlo Go.

You can do this by going to "Devices" tab and pull down the gray bar (below Arlo) and choose "Alarm." Once you choose "Alarm," you will see the following screen shown below. After hitting "Yes", this will trigger the alarm; however, if you have more than one product that can trigger the alarm (Arlo Go or Base Station Pro), you will get the next pop-up screen asking which product you like to trigger the alarm.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Bewright,

Do know that this is only available if you have the Arlo Pro Base Station set up.

When opening the app, you will see the gray bar located below the "Arlo" logo which is near the top (located on the main screen on "Devices"). You can drag it down and you should see the "Siren" button.

Bewright
Tutor
Tutor
I have the Arlo go that has the alarm built into it and had that function before the update. I read that it’s supposed to be at the top under the I Arlo that’s why out of the picture I just do not see this anywhere. I looked and didn’t see a different app is there a different one I’m supposed to load? Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Which device are you using to view the live view from your Arlo Go? And what app version are you running? There should be a bell icon, which triggers the alarm on or off from the Arlo Go. If you are unable to locate the bell icon, try to see if you can see it through the web client.

Marc45
Guide
Guide
Same here this new update is nothing but problems
That black and white video is on full light
Color is gone now
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app has nothing to do with the recording. If it isn't in color, the light threshold has been tripped from day to night. Move the camera temporarily to prove this. Post a screenshot for suggestions.

Marc45
Guide
Guide
So you tell me is a big coincidence
I’ve been using this camera for almost a year
Rescuing dogs I never had one single issue with color ever. As soon as I get the new update problems arrived instantly.
Marc45
Guide
Guide
Also the problem started with not having
Night vision at night after 10 seconds of recording at night.
Is obvious that the day and night sensor
In the app not the camera is the issue
I have two cameras and both do the same
Marc45
Guide
Guide
Also please tell me where is the alert button on the picture I posted because I had it before the update
Marc45
Guide
Guide
Will be nice to have the day/night sensor
On off auto options
Shanelle
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have to give permission to update but my Arlo seems to have somehow updated anyways. Now i have no alarm button on my app. I have iPhone SE current on updates and use the Arlo Go cameras. There is no grey line, no bell, no nothing that other people have written about. Where is the alarm button?!. Also why on earth did they make the screen smaller on the app. Before i didn't have to enlarge it. That was dumb. I wish i could show a screen shot. Why can't we upload pics on here, seems like it would be smart.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Our development team is aware about the the issue where some users are not able to see the siren button on Arlo Go and is currently investigating the problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

dking5984
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having a issue with the new update on iOS finding the alarm icon. Trying to sound the alarm but can’t find it.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In iOS, it has been moved to a small pull down tab , top center of device screen

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ntusek
Initiate
Initiate

Has there been any further news on the alarm. There is not pull down option on my screen. No alarm ability after the update. They should send email to owners if there are issues.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot of your Devices tab. Have you reinstalled the app?

Locationman
Tutor
Tutor

ArloGo:  I'm operating an ArloGo on my cottage and used to have the "Bell" to warn intruders "live" to get off property.  It's gone now on 2 different phones.  It would be great to know where it went to and to get it back.  The bell however is still there when I sign in on my laptop through the internet

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The gray stripe/pull down drawer near the top of the Devices tab has been the method for turning on the siren for some time now.

Locationman
Tutor
Tutor

I understand that I can "leave" the live picture, and go in to settings and turn on the alarm.   But that requires me to leave the LIVE picture.  I'd prefer to have it back the way that it was before.  You could watch and hear the alarm go on.  Then,  you can see how the people on your property react.   Arlo Admin simply needs to restore what was there,  because it was better and easier.  Just because you have the ability to change something doesn't mean that you should

Ed2010
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Go and Arlo Pro 2, both on the Arlo app on my iPhone.  The gray line at the top of the screen on my iPhone triggers the alarm on my Arlo Pro 2 base station.  The bell that triggers the built in alarm on my Arlo Go disappeared with a recent update so I am unable to trigger it.  Where is it, when is it going to be put back into the app?

island1
Guide
Guide

I still can’t believe Arlo hasn’t fixed this,  I have 4arlo go cams at a property and can’t trigger alarm.  I am going to look at replacing them with the REOLINK GO.  Looks to be a good alternative as it’s cellular, has solar panel, YOU CAN TRIGGER ALARM!, and the camera is less expensive.  https://m.reolink.com/product/reolink-go/ 

Bewright
Tutor
Tutor

Im pretty frustraded too!  Such a simple thing that Arlo seems to not give a damn about.  I too was going to add more to my job sites, but with such bad customer follow up I am done with Arlo!!!!  They had a very happy customer until this!!!!

ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING ARLO??????

kmccurry
Initiate
Initiate
I have Arlo GO and the iPhone update took the siren bell option away. I can see the the grey bar under the arlo symbol that says ALARM but it does nothing when I press it
Ed2010
Aspirant
Aspirant
Latest update now allows you to trigger the alarm on the Pro2 base station or the Arlo Go
island1
Guide
Guide
Well not really a solution that works. Sure there’s now the pull down to trigger alarm but which one?!? I have 4 separate GO Cams. There isn’t the option to select one to trigger not is there the alarm trigger button once you pick a cam to view live.

They threw up the button on the pull down but it serves no purpose since it doesn’t function.
Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation