Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO GO Will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ABEdward
Follower
Follower

Just got the ARLO Go system. We went to AT&T and got a new sim card. The one ours was shipped with was defective or a wrong sim since they didnt recognize the serial number. Anyway, we got a new sim card, and it does work. We even put it in an ipad to make sure. 

So, once we put it in the Arlo Go, we canot getit to sync to the cloud. Why the F is this so hard to sync??

Here is what is happening:

1.) Insert the battery (blue light blinks on an off slowly)

2.) then a chime sound and (orange light blinks slowly)

3.) Then it (goes black) after a few blinks

4.) Then about 20 seconds, we get a (solid bue light)  --This is all without touching the unit -- then it goes blank again

5.) Then we go to "Add Device" button online (Select Arlgo Go)

6.) Then we press and hold its Sync button until a blue LED starts blinking. Nothing comes on.. but if you click it a "shutter pic sound comes on)

7.) then it makes a BEEEP, BEEEP, BEEEP, BEEEP message of doom like something failed. 

then we get 

Discovery Failed
Your Arlo Go could not be discovered.

Anyway when I hear the chime, the blue blonks slowly and it reads the QR code. Then we try and upload it it gives an error

wtf help

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What model of the GO is it.... ther are 3

read this to make sure it's the correct sim.

How can I tell who my Arlo Go service provider is?

To identify your Arlo Go service provider, do one of the following things:

• Open your Arlo Go camera’s battery door, remove the battery, and look for the model number on the device label inside the battery compartment.
    • If the label shows VML4030-100NAS, AT&T is the service provider
    • If the label shows VML4030-1VZNAS, Verizon is the service provider
    • If the label shows VML4030-200NAS, NETGEAR’s Arlo Mobile is the service provider
  • If your Arlo Go camera is already set up, is online, and has an activated service plan with data available, launch the Arlo app or log in to the Arlo web interface and open the settings menu for your Arlo Go camera.
    Your service provider displays in the NETWORK section.

For more information about Arlo Go and Arlo Go service providers, see the following knowledge base articles:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/What-is-the-difference-between-the-Arlo-Go-mode...

also ;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-set-up-my-Arlo-Go-camera/ta-p/1201822

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation