Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 ARLO Go cameras (Verizon) not working

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Wildhaven
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 ARLO Go cameras with Verizon that were working, but now I get an error message that says "Your Arlo device appears offline".  When I bring them inside, and re-sync them, they work fine, but will not connect in their original areas.  I have taken out the battery, and re-inserted, and gotten a blue blinking light, then it shuts off and no light of any color shows.  I have 3 of these cameras and only one is working at the moment!  

Is there anything else I can try?

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

If they work in one location but not another it's possible that the Verizon signal has become degraded in your area?

Wildhaven
Tutor
Tutor

I think I am going to have to call Verizon.  That's the only thing I can think of.  Thank you for your input.  I love technology when it works.....when it doesn't...ugh.

arloisrubbish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

Did you resolve this or give up and buy a better make? I am having a very similar problem but all arlo will tell me is that it is my cellular provider, even though the light sequence I'm getting says it's their cloud.

Pretty poor quality stuff, aren't they?

Wildhaven
Tutor
Tutor
This did not ever get resolved.  Could never find a person to actually talk to, and ARLO's email customer support is NOT helpful.
Basically, I believe it came down to my cameras were old, and were never going to work again.  We had a local company come in 
and for a cost of 4k, they gave us the camera system we needed.  Will not ever buy another ARLO camera!  Sorry I couldn't help you!

PineRC
Tutor
Tutor

I’m on the verge of disposing my arlo camera system as we’ll be wise I can’t find ANYONE to talk to in person and Verizon says coverage is good in my area, which I know is true because my arlo go 2 works fine. So disappointed in the products these days.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @PineRC 

I have escalated your case & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43523782

arloisrubbish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

It is a little early for me to state 100% that this is resolved, but for anyone suffering repeated cases of their camera going OFFLINE, I put in a spare (brand new, first time charged) battery and aside from briefly once per night for a few seconds, I have found it has remained ONLINE since.

I have had cases before where the camera was reporting X% power but was switching off. I've had it running for over 24 hours on 0% and one time had it not displaying any number. But the new battery **SEEMS** to have done the trick. For now. I will post an update in a week or so.

I hope this helps anyone else in a similar position.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation